Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Go watch the gen con session on you tube. They talk about a short cut key you can use to quickly chunk lots of text together.
I'm biased since the videos are "my thing," but THIS ^. There are a number of seminars that we've recorded and put up on our YouTube channel.
liz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old March 19th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Thanks for your help. I know it's arbitrary but how much time do you think that would take to do? Was thinking of spending this Sunday afternoon just to get the first book in; I'll likely need more time right?
I am not familiar with the module, but I do not think 1 afternoon will be enough, especially since you are not familiar with Realmworks.

Since you are working with a ongoing adventure set I would go as Acenoid suggested, start with what you need for the next session. Then fill in the rest. You can also quickly create a topic (using ctrl+Q), and then later fill it in (if at all needed, as sometimes only a name is necessary at that moment). One word of caution in this: be ware that this may explode the number of topic you create and that you loose track on which are finished and which are not. A solution to this is to use a suffix to mark them as unfinished.

One last advice: Read MNB's advice on may 13th, 2015. This is all you need to keep in mind.
Cornelius is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 19th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Use the short cut cut & paste keys as was recommended.

This is a life saver if your having to import chunks of text from a PDF.

Also look at the various Realm Works Spotlight series videos and online posts that have been done and you can see how some modules looks set up in Realmworks so you'll have a rough idea of how you might want to set things up. (The online posts versions are useful as you can see big mages, etc. of parts modules, etc. entered into Realmw Works.

When the Realm Works Content Maket is made available you will be able to just buy modules that have all the Realm Works data entry done.

You also might want to find out if any plans are underway to enter in the module(s) you plan to do too for the Content Market.

Now since you have done the 1st part of the a campaign I recommend you for starters you do the NPCs, etc. that are covered in it that show up in the latter parts first and stuff you'll need for your next session.

You can do the 1st part stuff that you are not going to need in the future or reference as time permits.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old March 19th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
One word of caution in this: be ware that this may explode the number of topic you create and that you loose track on which are finished and which are not. A solution to this is to use a suffix to mark them as unfinished.
There is also the Utility tag set to keep in mind. I am pretty sure that the Quick Create (Ctrl+Q) sets a default Utility tag of "Empty" but there is also an "Incomplete" and something else - "Placeholder" I think. That's how I keep track of Topic status. If it's just a name, I leave it Empty. Once I've entered some data then I switch it to "Incomplete" or remove the tag entirely. Then I can filter on the Empty or Incomplete tag to find the topics I still need to work on.
JustinThomason is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
King Chicken

Old March 19th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
There is also the Utility tag set to keep in mind. I am pretty sure that the Quick Create (Ctrl+Q) sets a default Utility tag of "Empty" but there is also an "Incomplete" and something else - "Placeholder" I think. That's how I keep track of Topic status. If it's just a name, I leave it Empty. Once I've entered some data then I switch it to "Incomplete" or remove the tag entirely. Then I can filter on the Empty or Incomplete tag to find the topics I still need to work on.
Hey thanks for this. I hadn't used that before, thought it was weird I always had an "Empty" tag, that auto attached. I'm going to use that from now on.

RW: D&D 5e Sandbox campaign - Faerun
RW: Pathfinder Sandbox in Greyhawk - waiting for Marketplace for PF rules
Using Fantasy Grounds for VTT, Waiting for Roll20Pro(Mage Hand) Release
RW: Paizo - Strange Aeons AP
King Chicken is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 19th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Being able to search for the empty tag is a great thing. I do it on my main realm every few weeks to see what topics I've added and haven't worked on yet.
kbs666 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote