Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Belafon

Old October 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I know I'm doing something stupid here, but I can't get the search function to return a post from a keyword, only the entire thread. For example, I noticed that most of the Wondrous Items weigh twice as much as they are supposed to. Before posting that in the bug thread I thought I would search and make sure no one else had posted it. So when I type "weight" in the keyword search, it returns the bug thread, but I can't find a direct link to that keyword. I would need to go through all 62! (at the moment) pages to find "weight." The search function didn't actually do anything.

So what am I doing wrong?
Belafon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM
When you pop up the search option, there are two buttons below the text box - "Show Threads" and "Show Posts". "Show Threads" is the default, but I know I prefer "Show Posts" most of the time I'm looking for this sort of thing.

P.S. Thank you very much for checking to make sure you're not repeating a bug report.

P.P.S. Is your test character size L? An Ogre, for example?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Belafon

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When you pop up the search option, there are two buttons below the text box - "Show Threads" and "Show Posts". "Show Threads" is the default, but I know I prefer "Show Posts" most of the time I'm looking for this sort of thing.

P.S. Thank you very much for checking to make sure you're not repeating a bug report.

P.P.S. Is your test character size L? An Ogre, for example?
That did fix it. I was using the search link from the top level forum (which pops up the advanced search) and just overlooked that at the bottom of all the other stuff. Dropdown is much easier. Knew it was something stupid.

Oh, and for added stupidity I was in fact buying large items. I had bought a large sized piece of gear, then went back to the "Magic" tab and bought more stuff. There's no size selection drop-down in the "Magic" tab like there are in the others, so I missed the fact that I was still buying large items. Also, there's no easy way to see what size a wondrous item is after you buy it. If you buy an oversized weapon or armor, you get a handy little (L) beside it. This might be something to look at as a possible upgrade in the future, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug.
Belafon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Belafon

Old November 4th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Hmmm.. Thought I had already posted this but...

Turns out the problem was that I wasn't logged in and didn't have access to the quick search link. Missed the radio button at the bottom of the long form you get when not logged in. Knew it was something stupid.

For additional stupidity, it was indeed large size items I was buying. I had deliberately bought a large item in another tab, then switched back to the "Magic" tab. Unlike the other gear-buying tabs, this one does not have a drop-down selection box for the size of your items. I didn't realize that I was still buying large items. Also - when you buy a large weapon you get a handy (L) next to it to let you know that it's a large item, you don't get that with wondrous items. Not a bug per se, but it might be helpful to have some way for you to know that Headband you just bought is sized for a large creature.
Belafon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belafon View Post
For additional stupidity, it was indeed large size items I was buying. I had deliberately bought a large item in another tab, then switched back to the "Magic" tab. Unlike the other gear-buying tabs, this one does not have a drop-down selection box for the size of your items. I didn't realize that I was still buying large items. Also - when you buy a large weapon you get a handy (L) next to it to let you know that it's a large item, you don't get that with wondrous items. Not a bug per se, but it might be helpful to have some way for you to know that Headband you just bought is sized for a large creature.
Actually, that is a pair of bugs (not offering a size selector on the magic tab and not reporting the size of magic items) - I've added them to the to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote