Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 1st, 2011, 06:29 AM
Go to the adjust tab, temporary adjustments, Effect: Inspire Greatness.

There is a typo in the description. Instead of two times the bonus, it should say (2d10 + CON Bonus).

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/ba...spireGreatness

Even though the amount of hit points is input manually, someone following the current description would be getting one or more "free" hit points that they aren't entitled to if they have a CON bonus greater than zero.

Nitpicky? Sure you could say that but we all want a perfect product. Don't we? Good, then it's settled. We shall continue to pick those nits.

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #161
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
There is a problem with Gear and the Size thereof calculating the correct weight. Things work fine if the creature's size is part of the starting package. However, if you use the adjustment to size up a creature (including all the gear it has), the carried weight never changes. So, sizing down a hero is actually causing them to carry the weight of the original sized character, and thus weighing them down, cutting into the movement. Apparently, sizing up/down a hero (and thus its gear) doesn't actually change the weight at all from the original size.

UPDATE: I have temporarily fixed this in my files, and it wasn't difficult to do. You do have to apply different rules to gear items (which are 1/4 per decreased size category change) than to armor/weapons (which are 1/2 per decreased size category change). Sizing up is x2 per size change across the board (seems weird, considering they should be sizing up to x4 to balance, go figure, another rule that mathematically makes no sense).

Another thing I've noticed is that Huge creature weapon/armors seem to be x5 the weight of Medium creature weapon/armors, when it should be x4. Furthermore, Tiny, Diminutive, and Fine creature weapon/armors are getting x0.1 of Medium creature weapon/armors when they should be x0.25, x0.125, and x0.0625 respectively. Regular gear is not being weighted appropriately at all, only 1/2 of Medium creature items at size Small or smaller, or the same as Medium creature items at size Large or larger.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; November 4th, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #162
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
A reminder about an old bug report & a request for a change.

Bug: when doing spell selection as a paladin (and I suspect this is true for other classes) I use the Custom/Metamagic Spell option. Picking "Cure Light Wounds" I add the metamagic feat of "Reach Spell" to give it a range of 30 feet. The problem is an error message which is, as far as I've been able to determine, falsely claiming that the character must first posses the "Rapid Spell" metamagic feat.

Request: currently the printed sheet would list the above example (plus a genuine 3rd level spell: Healing Spirit) as "Paladin 3: Cure Light Wounds, Reach, Healing Spirit" but this makes it look like there are three 3rd level spells. One called Cure Light Wounds, another called Reach and finally Healing Spirit. I therefore request that the metamagic component of a spell be listed in parenthese followed by the comma separator: "Paladin 3: Cure Light Wounds Rush (Reach), Healing Spirit"

Thanks in advance & apologies to Aaron for adding to his workload,
Don't feel bad Nigel, but unfortunately I can't help you with this first one. Reach Spell is a feat from the Community files, it is Verboten to me. But it is really easy to fix. In the editor, go to the Reach MM power in the appropriate community file and click on the pre-req button. Make sure the displayed message is right, and that it is checking for the correct feat to validate. Change whichever of those 2 things is wrong then submit it to ShadowChemosh for the next release.

For the second, I will add it to my to do list. Currently working my way through this bug list over the weekend.
Aaron is offline   #163
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old November 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Don't feel bad Nigel, but unfortunately I can't help you with this first one. Reach Spell is a feat from the Community files, it is Verboten to me. But it is really easy to fix. In the editor, go to the Reach MM power in the appropriate community file and click on the pre-req button. Make sure the displayed message is right, and that it is checking for the correct feat to validate. Change whichever of those 2 things is wrong then submit it to ShadowChemosh for the next release.

For the second, I will add it to my to do list. Currently working my way through this bug list over the weekend.
Cool and thanks.

Please ignore the word "Rush" in that 2nd item. I was multi-tasking and the old fingers included that word when it shouldn't have been there. I have now corrected my original posting.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #164
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old November 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
There is a problem with Gear and the Size thereof calculating the correct weight. ....
Speaking of weights.....containers aren't validating that the contents are within their weight limits.

Example, I took 300 lbs of Feed and stuffed it into a 'Bag of Holding Type I' which has a weight limit of 250 lbs. No error flag. The same was true when I moved that same 300 pound load of Feed into saddlebags, a backpack, a sack and even a belt pouch!

I know there are those who will say "hey, common sense would stop someone from putting something crazy into a container, like 300# of Feed into a belt pouch" but there are a lot of people who, either accidentally or due to greed, will stuff 5,000,000 gold pieces into a non-magical belt pouch or their 46 "spare" guisarmes (12 lbs each AND quite long) into a non-magical sack and think they've done nothing wrong because the software didn't flag this move as a weight and/or volume violation.

What is the point of getting an expensive Bag of Holding, beyond the fact that it weighs a static amount, when you can literally put all the gear you own into a single (belt pouch, sack, backpack, pair of saddlebags, etc.)?

What is the motivation of ever upgrading from a 'Bag of Holding Type I' to a 'Type II' (or greater) if the software doesn't enforce the weight & volume limits? As noted above, without a flag the player could innocently be violating the limits and not realize they need to craft or buy a new Bag of Holding.

Once again Aaron, sorry for adding to the workload,

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; November 13th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #165
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Speaking of weights.....containers aren't validating that the contents are within their weight limits.

Example, I took 300 lbs of Feed and stuffed it into a 'Bag of Holding Type I' which has a weight limit of 250 lbs. No error flag. The same was true when I moved that same 300 pound load of Feed into saddlebags, a backpack, a sack and even a belt pouch!

I know there are those who will say "hey, common sense would stop someone from putting something crazy into a container, like 300# of Feed into a belt pouch" but there are a lot of people who, either accidentally or due to greed, will stuff 5,000,000 gold pieces into a non-magical belt pouch or their 46 "spare" guisarmes (12 lbs each AND quite long) into a non-magical sack and think they've done nothing wrong because the software didn't flag this move as a weight and/or volume violation.

What is the point of getting an expensive Bag of Holding, beyond the fact that it weighs a static amount, when you can literally put all the gear you own into a single (belt pouch, sack, backpack, pair of saddlebags, etc.)?

What is the motivation of ever upgrading from a 'Bag of Holding Type I' to a 'Type II' (or greater) if the software doesn't enforce the weight & volume limits? As noted above, without a flag the player could innocently be violating the limits and not realize they need to craft or buy a new Bag of Holding.

Once again Aaron, sorry for adding to the workload,
The weight enforcement is possible and I will put it on the to-do list. The volume enforcement is not possible as far as I can see. We'd have to track 3 new fields for every item, Height, Width, and Length. What about things that can be folded or balled up like clothing? How do we calculate volume for that? How about something that is slightly too long, but would fit inside the backpack diagonally? It gives me an aneurysm just thinking about it.

We'll just have to trust the user to think about volume limits and use their judgement not to stuff a ranseur into their money pouch.

Done with the bug thread (bugs either fixed or noted for later), currently working on adding a mechanism for the creation of Custom Potions and Wands.
Aaron is offline   #166
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Aaron, I applaud you. It's about time something has been done with this bug thread, it's way too long.

I have run into more problems (yeah, I'm beating a dead horse, sue me) with the typed bonuses to damage. The Damage field doesn't have these bonuses, while the Attack field does. They both need them. I, at first, thought by changed the typed bonuses on the actual weapons themselves would fix this problem. It doesn't, because those bonuses are applied to BOTH attack and damage. This works fine when you have inspire courage going, but not when you have bless. So for bless, you would use the Attack fields. See the problem? Right, the morale bonuses to attack would stack, one from the weapon, one from the attack field. I have a fix in place, that subtracts back out the morale (or whatever) bonus to attack from the weapon, but it's not an ideal solution. Adding these fields to damage would make this process much less painful.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; November 13th, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #167
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks Kendall, but you should have seen me sweating through the Pathfinder bug thread's 60+ pages. This hardly seems long compared to that. Here are the list of bugs I have fixed for the next release (though I am not sure exactly when that would be, hopefully in the next month or so).

The Countryborn feat had an incorrect line break in its description.
The Psionic Fist's Monk Abilities class ability had no description.
The size Adjustment was not increaseing the damage of Unarmed Strike.
Drow were missing their racial spell like abilities.
The Assassin Class was looking up all spells when choosing which spells can be learned, now correctly looks up only Assassin spells.
The Blackguard class was counting as able to turn undead before reaching 3rd level.
The Paladin class was counting as able to turn undead before reaching 5th level.
The Extra Turning feat was missing a linebreak, and would throw errors if added to a hero that could not turn undead.
The Druid/Ranger's Wild Empathy class feature was not calculating or displaying its bonus.
The Druidic Avenger class variant's No Spontaneous Casting class ability was misspelled "Sontaneous".
The Druidic Avenger class variant's penalty is now applied to wild empathy.
In the editor it was impossible to create a class variant's without choosing something to override the Will save progression.
The Javelin was not passing its penalty to melee attacks up to masterwork/magic versions.
The Javelin of Lightning was not gaining a +1 attack bonus for being masterwork.
The attribute bonus to PP for psionic classes was not calculating correctly for characters with psionic attributes of 10-11.
The Ranger with Wild Shape class variant was not removing ranger Combat Styles.
The Amulet of Natural Fists was not adding its enhancement bonus to natural attacks.
The Far Shot feat was only increasing the range increment of thrown weapons by 50%, instead of increasing by 100%.
The Hound Archon race was not gaining SR.
The Homunculus race was not making Constitution a Non-attribute, instead it was subtracting 10, which put CON at 0, throwing an error.
The Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization feat lines were missing a line break in their descriptions.
The Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization feat lines were not applying bonuses when bootstrapped with a Target tag.
The Tiger was missing its special stating the conditional Hide bonus in tall grass.
The Dire Wolf was not gaining its +2 racial bonus to Spot and Listen.
Many creatures that had Weapon Focus or Improved Natural Attack had applied the effects directly when bootstrapping the natural attack. This meant that the relevent feats would not show on the Feats tab, and in the case of Improved Natural Attack, meant it could be taken once more to increase that weapon's damage again without causing a validation error.
The following races were getting double bonuses from having a swim speed: Bear (Polar), Gargoyle (Kapaocinth), Ogre (Merrow).
The following races were getting double bonuses from having a climb speed: Fiendish Dire Rat, Lizard.
The Shocker Lizard race was getting an incorrect +2 bonus to Swim.
The Formian race was not correctly bootstrapping the Damage Resistance, Sonic ability.
The Halfling Racial save bonus was incorrectly stating that the bonus to all saves was +2 in the description.
The Elf (Drow) race stated gets a +2 to all saves vs spell like abilities/spells, actually only gets that bonus to Will saves.
The Leopard race stated gets a +4 to Hide in Tall Grasses/Undergrowth, but unlike most other cats, it does not gain this ability.
The Whale races lacked a special stating -4 Listen/Spot penalty if their Blindsense is negated.
The Lizardfolk race was gaining the Common language by default.
The Druid's Wild Shape ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
The Paladin's Smite Evil ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
Familiar's Intelligence was defaulting to 10, rather than advancing and changing as the master gains levels. Now the familiar will gain the Int granted by the master, or its own Intelligence if that is higher (in the case of Improved Familiars).
Modified speed (after an enhancement bonus for example) was not being properly reduced by armor or encumberance.
The Shot on the Run feat had an incorrect pre-req, stating it needed a BAB of +1 instead of +4.
The Glove of Storing was not a container.
The Scabbard of Keen Edges was not a container.
The Wilder's Psychic Enervation class ability was missing.

If you don't see your bug reported here it was either already fixed (for example missing the Value 5 and 10 tags), I could not reproduce it, or it is something not for me to do (Power attack does not have an adjustment in d20, so I didn't address the Double Weapon not working thing, though if you have questions on your own adjustment I may be able to help), or it was noted for later fixing.

As for the attack and damage bonus fields, I have some ideas on that that involve creating new fields and having them inherit from existing fields and making new macros. It's a whole thing that is gonna be a bit of a project. I'll have to run it by the boss before I start, and I've got a lot of other projects already in the chute, so it may be a while.
Aaron is offline   #168
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
... (Power attack does not have an adjustment in d20, so I didn't address the Double Weapon not working thing, though if you have questions on your own adjustment I may be able to help), ...
No, the Power Attack feat was just when I noticed the error. The problem with double weapons is that they don't properly give you 1.5 Str bonus damage when you use them in both hands, but not as a double weapon (i.e., you are just using the best end two-handed instead of both ends and taking the penalties to attack). I have a script that fixes it, so I'm not worried, but that is the real culprit. It was while coding my own Power Attack that it came to light.
Kendall-DM is offline   #169
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Natural Bond feat doesn't appear to calculate Druid levels correctly, for purposes of animal companions, anymore!
It appears you are correct, as I believe they used my code in the newer release of the files. One of my players pointed out that it was the effective druid level that mattered. So, in fact, a single classed druid could use this to make his effective druid level 3 higher for animal companions from the Level -3 list or higher. They would be essentially treated as one class higher for the purposes of applying hit dice, adjustments, and abilities. I'll get on coding that correctly.
Kendall-DM is offline   #170
Closed Thread