Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
Instead of making multiple posts for each of these I'm combining them into one post.

1) Is it possible to add to the Special Tab the Dodge DC for when a power has Area put onto it as well as a Dodge failed/Dodge passed toughness DC instead of the failed DC all the time? It seems like a simple thing but many newbies get confused only seeing one DC there when they put on Area. (Something like: "DC Dog ##, DC ##/## (Succeed/Fail)". I believe would clear most things up)

2) When you add Permanent to Enhanced Ability it is -1/ instead of -0/ as it should be

3) With Summon (And Duplication) when adding Multiple Minions extra it creates that many minions for ye to make when it should only make 1 (as they are all the same kind) unless ye also buy the Variable flat (which I noticed ye don't have as one of the top 'in green' things that point out extras/flats/flaws that are relevant to the power)

4) If ye change the Gender in the Personal Tab to Female it will still say "He's now PL x with x spent PP." when making entries on the Journal Tab.

5) If a "normal" PC (not a construct) takes their Stamina to "---" (-10, Absent Ability) adding ranks of Growth won't increase their Toughness.

6) Ye are unable to take your traits down to "---" (-10, Absent Ability) via Enhanced Trait power (for when a hero say has an Alt Form of a Robot and thus would lose Stamina). It allows ye to give it an unlimited number of negative levels, but it won't ever get to the "Absent" state.

Thank ye for all the work ye folks are putting toward making this program awesome ^_^
CelticREI is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
2) Enhanced Ability is Continuous, therefore taking it down to Permanent is a -1 flaw, I believe. (If Enhanced Ability was Sustained, it'd be a -0/ flaw.)

3) The intent of the multiple minions is that they'll all be represented in the tactical console. If just one minion was added, you'd lose that.

Thanks for the other bug reports - I'll put them on the list.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
2) Enhanced Ability is Continuous, therefore taking it down to Permanent is a -1 flaw, I believe. (If Enhanced Ability was Sustained, it'd be a -0/ flaw.)
I take it that this is an errata? The copy of the book I have still shows Enhanced Trait as being Sustained in 3E. In 2E, it was Continuous with a note that Permanent could not be applied to it.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Both my revised DCA PDF and my 3E book list Enhanced Trait as Sustained.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Both my revised DCA PDF and my 3E book list Enhanced Trait as Sustained.
Enhanced Ability should be Sustained.

Adding Continuous and Permanent to it should net a +0 total modifier. Putting Permanent on it without the Continuous (+1) modifier would mean you get Strength at half price. Who could resist that?

Besides, the description of the effect clearly states:

"You can temporarily improve one of your existing traits..." in the first sentence.

So, Sustained is Correct.

Last edited by Shadowchaser; March 5th, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old March 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Besides, the description of the effect clearly states:

"You can temporarily improve one of your existing traits..." in the first sentence.

So, Sustained is Correct.
Both continuous and sustained are temporary, it's just that sustained requires the expenditure of a free action each round to maintain the power.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks - I'll correct it to Sustained.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Question came up on the ATT in the DCA forum where someone tried to set up Martian Manhunter's Density (Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 12) as Protection 2 (Impervious 12) and it's marking that as costing 4 pp. Most likely case is it's only charging for the number of ranks covered by the Extra, which fits the rules, but enough people will make the mistake (and I believe Extras always had to cover extra Strength-Based damage, so this could come up elsewhere) that it's worth mentioning.

^_^ Assuming, of course, this error is actually happening. I'm not near my computer right now.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Question came up on the ATT in the DCA forum where someone tried to set up Martian Manhunter's Density (Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 12) as Protection 2 (Impervious 12) and it's marking that as costing 4 pp. Most likely case is it's only charging for the number of ranks covered by the Extra, which fits the rules, but enough people will make the mistake (and I believe Extras always had to cover extra Strength-Based damage, so this could come up elsewhere) that it's worth mentioning.

^_^ Assuming, of course, this error is actually happening. I'm not near my computer right now.
I actually chatted with Colen about this on Skype. The error happens if you put the Protection power at 2 ranks and then add 12 ranks of Impervious (or any ranks higher than your Protection) and set it to Dynamic. It'll only let you put points into the Dynamic power. The solution(for now) is to put them in a "Multiple Effects" power, and the array will let you assign points to the individual effects properly.

Shadowchaser is offline   #9 Reply With Quote