Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Portilis

Old February 25th, 2015, 12:20 PM
So... when putting conditions on bootstraps on minions that are on an adjustment, do they reference tags on the minion or on the adjustment?

I'm querying because I have a tag I know is on the adjustment by the point that I'm running the condition (because I put it there), but the condition doesn't appear to be acknowledging it.

If I'm right and the condition is referencing the tags on the minion, is there a way to reference back to the adjustment, or would I be better putting the tag on the hero or minion and drawing it from there?

On a related note, the "Minion Live Field" - is the purpose of this to turn the minion on and off based on the value of the field, or does it have another purpose?
Portilis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 25th, 2015, 01:22 PM
For the tag expression of a bootstrap condition, the default context for tags is the container that pick is in (which is usually the hero, although if the container is not the hero you can force it to look at the hero anyway), and for fields it is the fields of that pick.

It sounds like you're trying to get something to show up on the minion, triggered by a tag to satisfy its bootstrap condition? In that case, you would transition to the minion and apply the tag to the hero context of that minion, and that should activate your condition.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 25th, 2015, 01:23 PM
As for minion live field, that's a good guess, I am not sure the exact purpose of that, so I will look into the matter.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Minion live field is used in Shadowrun to offer checkboxes as to whether the user wants that minion to be shown at this time. It hasn't been implemented yet in Pathfinder.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Wouldn't summon monster options be better handled with a pick for each available monster on the Mounts & Hirelings table? Trying to use a menu to choose between picks sounds like a huge headache.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I ended up deciding on an adjustment for several reasons:

1) When the "Minion Live Field" is implemented, it will let people keep the adjustment there to switch on and off as desired.

2) By doing an adjustment for each spell, it keeps the information easily accessible rather than needing to find the correct minion, add the fiendish/celestial template where required, and add any bonuses from augment summoning, etc.

3) Adjustments offer easy means to track source and duration.

I originally intended to create individual minions to bootstrap, but hit the bootstrap of a bootstrap issue.

I'm debating how best to implement Augment Summoning, etc, as I'll already be using both dropdown lists (the second for the template choice).
Portilis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote