Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old December 31st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talison View Post
I was really going for weak minded individuals constantly throwing themselves at the character without any provocation on her part.
That sounds like it would be better handled as a complication, if they are PCs.
JDRook is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Talison

Old December 31st, 2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I could use a complication. It's something I'm coming to like more and more about 3e. I just thought permanent was designed for powers the user can not turn off.
Talison is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old December 31st, 2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talison View Post
Yeah, I could use a complication. It's something I'm coming to like more and more about 3e. I just thought permanent was designed for powers the user can not turn off.
It is, and if ye do go the power route for this then it should have permanent (understand it raises the pp cost of it because they are not having to use an action to influence those around them)
I agree with those before me though, it sounds more like Enhanced Trait: Attractive 2 and a Complication instead of a power. When the person 'turns it on' actually trying to influence others that would be the Entranced(Or dazed)/Compelled/Controlled Affliction (or have it limited to Entranced/Compelled or even just Entranced)
CelticREI is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Talison

Old January 1st, 2011, 07:34 AM
I guess I don't totally see it as a Complication because at times calling an army of normals to her aid with no effort could be an advantage.
Talison is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old January 1st, 2011, 08:31 AM
I guess then it is a matter of the power of the ability: Is it more like "Ye are pretty... my money? Sure, here ye go..." or is it "Stay away from the Mistress! My life for yours!"
If it doesn't offer much advantages when it is using the Passive version I'd say it was the Enhanced Trait and Complication (upping to a power when the more powerful version is used)
If it creates fanatical followers where-ever she goes then that might be better done with Summon (Variable Summon: Any of her followers) in addition to the Enhanced Trait and Complication.
The Complication is the flip side of the power, the creepy stalker types that want to steal away the character, where as the Attractive is for people just helping her out while out of combat.
CelticREI is offline   #15 Reply With Quote