Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

anivair

Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Am I missing any ST level tools (for example, reports showing me status and covenant totals and what not got a whole game)? if not, are these being looked into?

Things that would be really handy for me would be a list of characters by various sortable items like XP, last update date, creation date, covenant, clan, etc.

I could also use a list of things like status and contacts and allies to see where people overlap.

the ability to add things to PC's em masse would be good (ie everyone loses a blood, everyone takes 2 lethal, everyone ins 4 XP).

Anything like that possible?
anivair is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 24th, 2008, 12:56 AM
At 12:12 PM 6/23/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Am I missing any ST level tools (for example, reports showing me status and covenant totals and what not got a whole game)? if not, are these being looked into?

Things that would be really handy for me would be a list of characters by various sortable items like XP, last update date, creation date, covenant, clan, etc.

I could also use a list of things like status and contacts and allies to see where people overlap.

the ability to add things to PC's em masse would be good (ie everyone loses a blood, everyone takes 2 lethal, everyone ins 4 XP).

Most of what you describe above can be done, but none have been added yet. The primary reason is that no one has asked for that stuff yet. Since it sounds like the above list is simply some examples of what you would want, please put together a more detailed list and then post it. Others can then chime in with which items on the list they also want to see, plus any others that might be missing. We can then use everyone's input to help prioritize the sequence in which everything gets implemented and start getting it added.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
anivair

Old June 24th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Okay. here's a decent list.

Character Status Tool: a list of things that a PC wants right now.

Contacts, Status, Allies monitoring (careful here, since it would fiddle with the editor stuff I think in that a merit would need a "measurable" tag or something)

Character lists sortable by criteria (I can't think of any past clan, covenant, creation date, last XP - maybe via journal dates, and maybe BP, and coterie)

Mass changes to add XP, BP, whatever (handy if you fast forward your game 50 years, for example)

that's all I can really think of, but I'm sure others could think of other things.
anivair is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
PsychoJon

Old June 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I know I would like to see the PDF character sheets touched up a bit. It currently crams everything into 1 page. I would like to see it be able to expand out into 2 pages or the option to print gear and equipment on a seperate page.

I would also controll over the summary windows. I would like to be able to do more than hide and unhide or switching the order around. I would like to be able to combine some summary windows into the same colum. This request is more out of the fact I have a Tablet PC I like to use with the screen going in a vertical fashion opposed to the tradition horizontal widescreen.
PsychoJon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
anivair

Old June 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
ooh! two more that I just thought of and they're actually really good across the board. Don't know why I didn't think of them before.

1) sire and children. It'd be nice to be able to list the sire, children, and maybe grandsire (though that might be pushing it) for a PC. To help with the brood lines.

2) email address. Or just a general "contact" line for the player. I regularly need to email all my players.
anivair is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old July 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Storyline progress would be a cool feature too. I'm thinking on the lines of what each PC knows, NPCs contacted, major actions taken, etc.
Noctivagus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old July 29th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
At 12:12 PM 6/23/2008, you wrote:
Quote:

Most of what you describe above can be done, but none have been added yet. The primary reason is that no one has asked for that stuff yet. Since it sounds like the above list is simply some examples of what you would want, please put together a more detailed list and then post it. Others can then chime in with which items on the list they also want to see, plus any others that might be missing. We can then use everyone's input to help prioritize the sequence in which everything gets implemented and start getting it added.
Any way to put things like Rumors from the old Grapevine program in here? It could be tied to clan, covenant, bloodline, contact, allies, resources, ect...

I'd LOVE that personally.
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote