Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old March 11th, 2016, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_traveler View Post
Well, everything else I can work around, but having the Tibbit Race in there would be great, if you guys have time/energy/will for it.

Race found Here

It's part of Dragon Compendium Volume 1
I have the book. I'll add it to the list.
Sendric is offline   #461 Reply With Quote
zero_traveler

Old March 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I have the book. I'll add it to the list.
Thanks.
zero_traveler is offline   #462 Reply With Quote
Rule of Three

Old March 12th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Heya all!

I got this working and its amazing the amount of options and characters I can make now. The collective work is amazing and is starting to get me looking into the tools myself.

So thank you for the inspiration as well as the work so far.

I have no idea how to make alternate class features happen. I was looking through the herolab side and assume they are simply not yet worked into the awesome tools you have done so far. I cannot think of an easy way to handle this either? I thought listing extra classes, but it gets even more messy than the list already is.

Any ideas or plans for it?
Rule of Three is offline   #463 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Three View Post
Any ideas or plans for it?
Open up the 'Configure Your Hero' window (CTRL-K). Near the bottom is "Optional Rules->Use Variant Classes". Turn that on and a new tab will appear allowing you to select your variant class.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #464 Reply With Quote
Rule of Three

Old March 12th, 2016, 09:37 AM
.. oohhhhhh. Thanks a ton!
Rule of Three is offline   #465 Reply With Quote
Rule of Three

Old March 13th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Is the Domain Wizard (UA Variant) available? I have the open content from UA selected.

I also cannot find the changeling wizard?

Is there anything else you guys need help entering into the system?

Last edited by Rule of Three; March 13th, 2016 at 11:47 AM.
Rule of Three is offline   #466 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 14th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Is the Domain Wizard (UA Variant) available? I have the open content from UA selected.

I also cannot find the changeling wizard?
Neither of these is currently available.

Quote:
Is there anything else you guys need help entering into the system?
Yes. There's still tons of things that haven't yet been completed. Feel free to poke around and look for things that are missing and fill in whatever you want. When you having something, you can email it to me: sendric [at] gmail [dot] com.
Sendric is offline   #467 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old March 15th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone. Just bought Hero Lab and installed these community files, and I have to say the amount of work that's gone into this content is impressive.

I noticed a few pages back that someone was interested in the fey'ri race from Races of Faerun. I actually need that race for the campaign I'm running now, so I've fired up the editor and got most of it entered. Because I'm completely inexperienced with the finer points of the editor I'm stuck on their racial abilities.

Quote:
All fey'ri have four abilities drawn from this list:
  • Charm Person
  • Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
  • Damage Reduction 10/Magic*
  • Darkness
  • Detect Thoughts
  • Dimension Door*
  • Enervation*
  • Fire Resistance 10
  • Suggestion
  • +2 racial bonus on saves vs. electricity
  • +2 racial bonus on saves vs. poison

Any spells listed are usable 1/day at a caster level = character level/HD. Any saves are based on Charisma. Only one ability with an asterisk can be chosen, and choosing any of these abilities increases the Level Adjustment of the race by 1, from +2 to +3.
Ideally, when choosing this race a window would pop up before adding any levels to the hero with the list of abilities in it, and check boxes beside each of them. Choosing any one of Dimension Door, Enervation, or Damage Reduction would make the other two impossible to select and raise the LA of the fey'ri by one. As an NPC, it wouldn't raise CR/LA, but would still be limited to one of the three.

Any tips on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated! If this isn't the right place to ask for help like this, let me know and I'll move the post to the appropriate area.
Dark_Soul is offline   #468 Reply With Quote
Rule of Three

Old March 18th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Do you guys have a suggestion for your ideal way to learn to make these work? Tutorial suggestions, etc?
Rule of Three is offline   #469 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 18th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
Ideally, when choosing this race a window would pop up before adding any levels to the hero with the list of abilities in it, and check boxes beside each of them. Choosing any one of Dimension Door, Enervation, or Damage Reduction would make the other two impossible to select and raise the LA of the fey'ri by one. As an NPC, it wouldn't raise CR/LA, but would still be limited to one of the three.

Any tips on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated! If this isn't the right place to ask for help like this, let me know and I'll move the post to the appropriate area.
So, this is a problem we have faced in creating the community set for a while now. There are only three ways to choose things:

1) Class Specials
2) Feats
3) Adjustments

Class Specials are the best because they allow users to select two things. The problem is that they aren't usable on races. So we have to throw those out for this issue.

When I created the Half-Fey Template from Ravenloft, I chose to use Feats to customize my race. Whether or not that's the better option could probably be debated, but I'm not going to get into that.

So, what I did was grant the template a bonus feat, which was then used to make the appropriate selections and bootstrap additional feats and special abilities as necessary. This sounds easy enough, but it can be a bit tricky, and timing is critical. In my case, I had to allow the user to select the breed of Half-Fey they wanted to be, of which there are 10. To that end, I created 10 specials, one for each breed, and assigned them a value in the Value field of 1-10. I then created a feat, which was granted to the template named "Breed". Breed bootstrapped all 10 specials, but each one used a condition that checked for the Value2 field. I then used a script on the feat that would find the Value of the selected breed and assign that Value to itself.

In scripting terms, here's what it looks like:

Custom expression on the feat:
Code:
thingid.xRvnBrAlve | thingid.xRvnBrBrag | thingid.xRvnBrFir | thingid.xRvnBrMury | thingid.xRvnBrOthr | thingid.xRvnBrPort | thingid.xRvnBrPowr | thingid.xRvnBrShee | thingid.xRvnBrSith | thingid.xRvnBrTeg
Script on the feat, run at First/9500:
Code:
doneif (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0)

~set Value2 field for bootstrapping purposes
field[Value2].value = field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value
You could do the same sort of thing. Oh, and feat should have "Helper Thing Only?" checked, because you don't want other characters to be able to choose it.

If you want to dig further into the code that I did, you can check it out in the "Ravenloft - Van Richten's Guide to the Shadow Fey" user file.

Last edited by Sendric; March 18th, 2016 at 08:12 AM.
Sendric is offline   #470 Reply With Quote