Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeaver View Post
How do you delete the sample characters?
You can delete the sample characters from the list within iTunes.
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHerald View Post
Doesn't matter if it is free or if I have to pay for it, if it is not in the South African play store then it is no good to me or my group
By the "play store", do you mean the Google Play store? If so then I'm afraid that Hero Lab is currently only available on the iPad, not Android tablets.
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old April 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Awesome App!!

So dropbox support I would second, FWIW.

In the meantime, I did the ol' Open In from dropbox and that is good enough for now, but it looks like the file in drop box gets copied into the Hero Lab app. From there I'm just editing a local copy, not updating / changing the Drop Box original - is that correct?

In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to put all the player sheets in one place (dropbox) and have everyone use them during game, but then all updates and changes from game make it back to the portfolio original(s). Great for GM reference and use between sessions as well.... Journal updates could be made, secret information staged for the players, equipment could be stolen by unscrupulous NPCs that just happened to be very helpful when they were setting up camp...

So far, though, it's awesome. I'm super excited about using it at my table. Thanks Lone Wolf!
djc664 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
cinlach

Old April 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
@Skridlowe: One word sums it all up: Memory. The original iPad has precious little of it and Pathfinder is monstrous. So we were unable to squeeze the entirety of Pathfinder into a tiny enough footprint to cram it all into an original iPad. We're still working on that, and we have some ideas of things to pursue, but we aren't certain it will be enough and we didn't want to withhold the tool from everyone else while we tried to figure this out. Ultimately, we may not be able to solve the memory issue, since Pathfinder continues to grow at a prodigious rate. We simply don't know at this point in time, but we're working on it.
I actually updated to a new iPad just for the Hero Lab app, but I understand that's not an option for everyone...40th birthdays are good for something.

Sucks your having the issue with the older iOS...I can imagine its frustrating.
cinlach is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I just downloaded the Hero Lab iPad app and have been playing with it. Took a little while to figure out where some stuff was, but I figured out the open with from Dropbox, how to add ShadowChemosh's adjustments to Updates so it'd stop throwing errors at me, even how to switch weapons (that took me a little while!) and so on. Definitely Dropbox support would be good. I like it being able to roll for things. One issue, the name of long gear with multiple attacks runs together badly - so my Daikyu of commanding presence overlays on my +20/+20/+15/+10 attack bonuses for example.

I like that things give info on the popups - it would be nice to touch e.g. Fly and get the fly skill description but to touch the +X and have it tell you the breakdown (stats/skill ranks/etc) for those times you need to know the breakdown, like you do with the AC.

Otherwise nice work, am looking forward to using it in play!
mxyzplk is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Talonious

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
You can delete the sample characters from the list within iTunes.
Either this can't be done on a Mac or I can't find it when I have my iPad attached to my Mac with iTunes open. Can you give instructions? Hopefully this will be a built in feature soon because I have already had to import the same character three times and I can't remove any of them.

Thank you.
Talonious is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:54 PM
One other suggestion - I'd like to be able to delete characters from within the Select Portfolio screen. I'm having to actually update the character in HL for PC and so when it updates in dropbox I have to copy it over again, garnering me a "Character Name-2". I'd like to just be able to swipe and delete the previous one. I see the instructions on going and doing it in iTunes somehow but yuck! (Of course in this case dropbox integration might remove this need - but I'd like to be able to add/remove portfolios per game I'm running easily, for example). Should be just "swipe to the side and get the ok to delete" thing just like with everything.
mxyzplk is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old April 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I agree with the two main suggestions:
1. Integrated drop box support
2. Ability to remove a portfolio from the list by simple selection or sliding it off the list.

I cannot find the list of por files within iTunes on the iPad
dragonladytoo is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
GMTroll

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonladytoo View Post
I cannot find the list of por files within iTunes on the iPad
You need to do this in iTunes on your Mac or PC with your iPad connected.

The image attached shows the file sharing pane at the bottom of the Apps tab. From there you can add your por file.

To save an updated .por file from your iPad to your PC or Mac use the Save to button. Warning this worked and carried over my changes from the iPad but I got a lot of warnings about orphaned picks when I opened the .por file.

To delete a .por from your iPad select the file in the file sharing pane and then press the backspace key (works on Mac but not tested on Windows).

Hope this helps remove some confusion people have been having.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HL File Sharing.jpg (38.8 KB, 16 views)
GMTroll is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
DarkHerald

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
By the "play store", do you mean the Google Play store? If so then I'm afraid that Hero Lab is currently only available on the iPad, not Android tablets.
No I have an iPad. I used the wrong description when I typed my question.
DarkHerald is offline   #20 Reply With Quote