Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Aaron

Old July 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Something must be missing from your description expression for that portal (don't forget to look into any called procedures in the description as well). Either that or the damage tag isn't being applied to the weapon until it is a pick rather than a thing.
Aaron is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Something must be missing from your description expression for that portal (don't forget to look into any called procedures in the description as well). Either that or the damage tag isn't being applied to the weapon until it is a pick rather than a thing.
I set up the Damage as a combination of Tag + Field (basically dice tag + field for Strength bonus modifier the weapon provides) which are on the actual <thing... </thing> entries. I am guessing it might be the portal. I admit that I don't know much about the portals. I am trying to learn it though.

I will check on the procedures once I get this stuff knocked out for Mathias.
RavenX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I got a little progress done over the weekend's gaming with my players. More talents are now in the system. I think I am getting used to writing the xml now.
RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 30th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I am trying to figure out Encumbrance. I know that to get it for this system I have to add Strength bonus + Toughness bonus (Sum of the Tens digits of the relevant attribute scores) and have it look up that number as the index of a table. The Lifting and Drag or Push are x2 and x4 respectively for the value looked up for the most part. I know I will have to alter the compset most likely as this was based on a 4e file but am I going about this the right way?

Code:
<thing
  id="MaxCarry"
  name="Max Carrying Weight Mechanics"
  compset="Mechanics">

<array field="CarryTable" index="0" value="0.9"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="1" value="2.25"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="2" value="4.5"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="3" value="9"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="4" value="18"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="5" value="27"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="6" value="36"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="7" value="45"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="8" value="56"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="9" value="67"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="10" value="78"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="11" value="90"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="12" value="112"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="13" value="225"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="14" value="337"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="15" value="450"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="16" value="675"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="17" value="900"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="18" value="1350"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="19" value="1800"/>
  <array field="CarryTable" index="20" value="2250"/>
  </thing>
RavenX is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
andrewtheh

Old August 7th, 2012, 11:35 PM
RavenX, Aaron, I wanted to say good job and thanks for the work. The Emperor Protects!
andrewtheh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I am still a long way off on getting data in here. I have the Talents in place, and the skills, but I am still working on the core parts of the data. It will take me time to get this book knocked out. Luckily the mechanics are very much tag friendly. ^_^ I just don't know as much about portals as I wish I did. I am currently working on getting the Traits in so that I can start working on the necessary portals for them. (They will need to be there once I have the core mechanics working correctly.)
RavenX is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM
So how's it going on the home front Raven. The work you've done on this looks great. Keep up the great work - looking forward to this. I love this game. I have all the books in hard copy and would love to have a good program to work with it.
And again - Love your work!!!!!!!!!!
jbearwillis is online now   #27 Reply With Quote
GhostShip Blue

Old February 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Any movement on this front? If not, does anyone know if RavenX can be contacted to get the files he's started and get back to work on them?
GhostShip Blue is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 24th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
So how's it going on the home front Raven. The work you've done on this looks great. Keep up the great work - looking forward to this. I love this game. I have all the books in hard copy and would love to have a good program to work with it.
And again - Love your work!!!!!!!!!!
Not as good as I would like, Its not a matter of data input for this project that I was having problems with, but dealing with the Raw XML code itself. I still need to get some of the portals working correctly to get the data to display like it should. As it stands right now, you all are not the first to inquire me about the data, I plan on finishing it when I have some spare time, but I am currently in the process of moving, which means packing, cleaning, pest control, and other set backs I have to deal with in my spare time. I am also writing a campaign setting book for Pathfinder at the Behest of my players who've wanted me to do this for over ten years now. Much of my free time has been spent compiling this book, which as it stands now is over 200 pages. I also have contractual obligations for other datafiles with LWD Technology, Inc. that I work on so my days are pretty busy. I've also been getting things straight with my old university so that I can attend grad school after I finish the move. I will attempt to get some progress going on the Deathwatch dataset again soon, but don't expect any official releases unless by some miracle I get the data actually working properly. I won't release buggy or malfunctioning code for others to play around with, I'll get it done when I have some time. I just wanted to give everyone an update since some of you have been wondering where things stand, it basically sits where the last set of screenshots was. I have a lot of work to do on this data, but it will come together given time. I apologize in advance if you don't see me on the boards much lately, but things will improve over time. Wish I could drop everything and finish this data right now, but I've got a lot on my plate and only 16 hours a day to do anything with (I need to sleep sometime).

I'll post another update once I have more progress on this data.

RavenX
RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I have done a small amount of tweaking around and got a few things working correctly that were not working right for me for before. This data is still a long way from completion though. I will try to tweak away at it when I have free time or down time during my game sessions, but it still has a long way to go. Yes I've made a few good strides on it, but after the leaps made last night, I've realized its going to take some serious time before this gets done. I'll try to put a little effort into it each week though until I can get it done.

RavenX
RavenX is offline   #30 Reply With Quote