Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Agyess

Old February 26th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I get an error when trying to import items from my master realm to the sub realm I'm using for my current game.

Its been reported both through the in app crash report and as a bug report, for which I haven't heard back. Any one know what causes this or how to fix it?

thanks,
Agyess is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 26th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Have you tried deleting your local copy of the realms and then downloading them again from the server before trying to do the export and import again?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2018, 12:36 AM
I'm having the same issue when importing AND exporting.
Cid is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Any idea what causes this?
Cid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Have you tried deleting your local copy of the realms and then downloading them again from the server before trying to do the export and import again?
Just tried that, no change.
Cid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2018, 11:44 AM
OK, after a little more troubleshooting, i am able to import/export on another realm. I created a new realm and managed to import my mechanics realm into it.

So its just my main realm i can't do anything with (the one i've spend the last couple of MONTHS working on). I have literally no idea what to do from here.
Cid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 27th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Some things to check/try

1) what rules system does RW think your realm is? You can find this under Manage -> Game System.

2) Has the process you want to use ever worked? Has it only stopped working suddenly? Was it after an update?

3) It is a long shot but you might try rebuilding the indexes in each realm. Manage -> Rebuild Index.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Well, continuing troubleshooting...

a) I have three realm backups in different states. One before all this started, One just after, and now one new one created after a restore.

b) after restoring to my first backup, everything works. So it's something that went down after that.

I'm going to juggle backups and post any results.

Current plan, import everything one at a time, and figure out which import jacked everything up and, hopefully, why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Some things to check/try

1) what rules system does RW think your realm is? You can find this under Manage -> Game System.

2) Has the process you want to use ever worked? Has it only stopped working suddenly? Was it after an update?

3) It is a long shot but you might try rebuilding the indexes in each realm. Manage -> Rebuild Index.
I will check all three.
Cid is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 27th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Can we just check that you are never exporting from the sub-realm and importing back into the main realm?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Can we just check that you are never exporting from the sub-realm and importing back into the main realm?
No. What happened is that i created a Realm called "5e Mechanics" where i put all the spells, Conditions, equipment, feats, etc... to be umported into new content realms, so that i don't have to keep doing it over and over when i start a new campaign. That's what i'm importing.

WELL. After all that here is what i did.

1) Reset my main realm to the backup i had just before the import that jacked everything up.

2) Synced everything, which took forever because i had to do them one at a time (Actually, i got sick of this so i deleted Isle of Kandril, Goblins, and the pixie thing to shorten it).

3) Immediately did a full realm export once i verified that everything was where it was supposed to be with the restore.

4) Created a new realm.

5) Imported the full realm export into the new realm.

6) Imported "5e Mechanics" into the new realm.

7) Practically fell out of my chair because it started actually working.

Now everything looks right. I'm still poking around. I plan to sync everything a few times and make sure RW isn't still acting screwy. Probably bust out my laptop and sync everything there as well. But for now it looks like it's acting right.
Cid is offline   #10 Reply With Quote