Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Grand Moff Vixen

Old August 14th, 2014, 12:42 AM
As I begin to see more Zeitgeist games being run lately it has started to toss a question around in my head. Are there any plans to eventually add support for this 3rd Party Adventure Path for the Pathfinder module? I would be most interested in paying for a data package for the Pathfinder system. Hero Lab has become my preferred way to build characters anymore as it leaves me more time to work on character details other than the mechanical side of things.

On a related note, keep up the good work Lone Wolf! You have my money until I have none left or I am no longer able to physically use a computer to buy stuff. May neither of those ever happen.

Last edited by Grand Moff Vixen; August 14th, 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zedwimer

Old August 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
There is an official data package in the works for Zeitgeist (it was one of the goals of the Zeitgeist Kickstarter project), but last time I talked to the guys at E.N. World, they had lost touch with the person working on it... hopefully just temporarily.

Since I couldn't wait any longer (I started my own Zeitgeist game), I started building my own Hero Lab package. It's not perfect, but it does include themes & theme feats, races (Deva/Eladrin), world-specific equipment, and a few other things. I haven't added prestige classes yet, but that's next on my list.
Zedwimer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 14th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedwimer View Post
Since I couldn't wait any longer (I started my own Zeitgeist game), I started building my own Hero Lab package. It's not perfect, but it does include themes & theme feats, races (Deva/Eladrin), world-specific equipment, and a few other things. I haven't added prestige classes yet, but that's next on my list.
If you have this stuff done please share so I can add it to the Community Bestiary. We are happy to support 3PP adventures. Plus the CB makes making monsters easier as we have lots of new Things and monster abilities that Frumple has done.

Feel free to email me at my forum user id at yahoo dot com.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zedwimer

Old August 14th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you have this stuff done please share so I can add it to the Community Bestiary. We are happy to support 3PP adventures. Plus the CB makes making monsters easier as we have lots of new Things and monster abilities that Frumple has done.

Feel free to email me at my forum user id at yahoo dot com.
Yeah, I could do that. I'll need to clean it up a bit but that won't be hard. I'll take a look at it today and see if I can make it presentable.

While you're here, ShadowChemosh, if you have time, can you also have a look at my last thread and let me know if you have any ideas on how I might tackle the 'stipend' problem?

On a Zeitgeist-related side note (but not Hero Lab related), I'm also trying to decide whether I want to keep or sell the "Three Towers" puzzle prop I used for my Zeitgeist game. My wife actually made a full-scale working prop of the puzzle so that my players could actually try to solve the puzzle 'in the flesh' (the puzzle doesn't work as well in 'theater of the mind'). She did an outstanding job, so part of me wants to keep it for posterity, but part of me knows I'll never use it again... and another GM starting out with Zeitgeist could put it to good use with their group.
Zedwimer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 14th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedwimer View Post
While you're here, ShadowChemosh, if you have time, can you also have a look at my last thread and let me know if you have any ideas on how I might tackle the 'stipend' problem?
I marked the page. Will take a look in a little while...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Zedwimer

Old August 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I marked the page. Will take a look in a little while...
Thanks! No rush.

One other thing I haven't been able to find yet... is there a way to make certain rules/options checkable in the Hero Settings window? I assume there is (I hope there is), but I haven't found out how yet. I ask because I have a few custom (non-canon) options in my Zeitgeist file that I'd rather not strip out for public consumption (really don't want to have to keep track of two separate files), but certainly I'd like to allow people to uncheck them if they don't want to use them.

EDIT #1: I think I figured this one out... you add them as additional sources with the original source as the 'parent' source, right? I'm still playing with it to see if it works the way I think it does.

EDIT #2: Sorry for nearly hijacking the thread; I've moved this question to a new thread of its own.

Last edited by Zedwimer; August 14th, 2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Un-hijacking of the thread
Zedwimer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zedwimer

Old August 14th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I just found an update of sorts on the EN Publishing site. Ryan Nock has the official Hero Lab file for Zeitgeist in hand and is currently testing it out to make sure everything works. If there's any new news on this in the near future, I'll make sure to post it here.
Zedwimer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grand Moff Vixen

Old August 14th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone! I didn't expect to get this big a response. I look forward to learning more on this, and will keep an eye out for any further posts.
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Cursemonger

Old April 7th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Has here been any update on the Zeitgeist data set for Pathfinder? I'm going to be starting a new campaign soon and it would make things a lot easier for me!
Cursemonger is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 12th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursemonger View Post
Has here been any update on the Zeitgeist data set for Pathfinder? I'm going to be starting a new campaign soon and it would make things a lot easier for me!
If work was done it was never sent my way.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote