Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

zarlor

Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:03 PM
It would be very helpful to not only have pins (and/or icons as are in the works) for images but also to be able to select overlays like you can do with something like Google Earth. This could be very helpful for having not just a singular location, but an area that otherwise acts like a pin.

I'm thinking particularly here about things like having countries on a world map, states on country maps and so on. Certainly there may be plenty of issues to deal with (how to handle multiple overlays, for example, if you even allow that at all, or setting up drawing tools for it, do you just allow rectangular or maybe circular selections of is it possible to do free-hand area selections, etc.) but I would really find something like this worthwhile on many of the smart images I've been working with.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 24th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Sort of like districts in a city and so on. Being able to remove the overlay as a GM and or adding parts or all of the overlay would be awesome!!
Can even do a map key with this type of idea!!
Fantastic IDEA!!
+1
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old April 24th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Especially if it could handle transparent png files. That way, you could over lay coloured hexes for the likes of a Kingmaker campaign.
DMG is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 24th, 2014, 05:14 AM
+1 here!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 24th, 2014, 08:52 AM
+1 - i'm making very good and complex maps with illustrator and it would be nice to be able to do that.
mirtos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 15th, 2014, 03:14 PM
+1 to this.

I was looking for a way to do this on the board. I would love to be able to add cascading maps. Like a map of the Inner Sea Region containing a map of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings that contains a map of Kalsgard.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old June 17th, 2014, 06:54 PM
+1 for overlays
Bidmaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old June 22nd, 2014, 07:39 AM
+1 from me too
Gord is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
It would be very helpful ..............for having not just a singular location, but an area that otherwise acts like a pin.
+1 for this (Great Idea Cajun!) many maps could be customized to define battle line disputes, provences, parish control of churches, hunting areas for apex creature types, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
Especially if it could handle transparent png files. That way, you could over lay coloured hexes for the likes of a Kingmaker campaign.
+1 As well

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; June 30th, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old July 5th, 2014, 04:23 AM
+1 here too
Bidmaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote