Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2018, 05:59 PM
I used to keep a few HeroLab instances open, particularly when moving characters around, or comparing systems. I could invoke them by invoking Hero Lab another time, either directly or through invoking a portfolio file. Recently, I tried to do so, and nothing happens. Was something changed? Is there a way to restore the former functionality?

I don't think I changed any settings recently, but it's possible I did so accidentally.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2018, 07:56 PM
In the Tools menu, Diagnostics, the "Enable Debug Tracing" setting will prevent multiple copies of Hero Lab from being open at the same time, because all the copies would need to write to the same debug log file. That's ended up being the reason most people have run into this problem.

For anyone who finds this post later, "Enable Debug Tracing" will not do anything unless you have been given a special testing version - it's used for tracking down issues that seem to be computer-specific (some particular combination of hardware, OS, or settings), that we can't reproduce on any of our own computers, so that we can send a test version with debug tracing set up, have the user who's reported the bug test out the circumstances of that issue, and then send back a log to help us figure out what's causing the problem. If you are not using a special version of HL, Enable Debug Tracing will not do anything except keep you from running more than one copy at a time.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 11th, 2018, 04:12 AM
Thank you, Mathias. I think I turned that on at some point when doing development on the Authoring Kit, thinking that it would give me additional insights.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote