Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

silentinfinity

Old March 24th, 2024, 12:06 PM
Hi staff and users!

I think there's a defect. Ran my game yesterday. We hadn't ended the session from 2 weeks ago. Did so and all HP damage, used spells, items attained etc. from 2 weeks ago were gone. It's like the characters reverted. We started a new session, made some tweaks, ended the session as a test. Reverted.

Can others confirm this? Am I missing something? I'm wary of ending last night's session and caused a reversion to the characters until we know the bug is fixed or I do whatever is needed to not have this happen.

Possible defect/bug was reported via form.

Thank you!
silentinfinity is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Salrog

Old March 27th, 2024, 07:11 PM
I'm having this exact same problem in my pathfinder 2 campaign and it's been happening for ~6 weeks best I can tell. We only play every 2 or 3 weeks. It's really frustrating and happens with new characters, old characters, in a new campaign, remastered characters, everywhere. Really hoping there's a fix.
Salrog is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 27th, 2024, 10:08 PM
Raise a bug report from within HLO. That will mean it's recorded, tracked and more likely that LW will look at it than just posting here.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; March 28th, 2024 at 03:49 PM.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Salrog

Old March 28th, 2024, 12:40 PM
I submitted a ticket a day before I made my post. So it's in both placed.
Salrog is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
silentinfinity

Old April 6th, 2024, 07:16 AM
The response I got from Ryan 8 days ago for my ticket:

Greetings,

Thank you for the report, we have seen a handful of other concerning reports like your own that are in the pipeline for investigation and to sniff out what exactly is going wrong and how to fix it.

For now, I don't really have much feedback with regard to avoiding the problem as we haven't been able to reliably reproduce it yet so my only actual advice is to ensure that any and all important changes such as leveling up, adding XP, spending coin, and that sort of thing are always done while the Character is NOT loaded onto the Campaign Theater Stage just to be safe and certain that what changes you do make on the Characters cannot be discarded during this time.
silentinfinity is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2024, 04:06 PM
Hey all,

The issue is being hammered away at by the team actively now. There are some big things on the horizon for the Campaign Theater and sadly the background work behind the scenes is laying the ground for all that was responsible for this. The team has already done the rough work to get it ready for a fix that should be delivered in the next day or two but we want to be sure to measure twice before cutting the fix loose out of an abundance of caution.

As always, thank you fall for the reports.

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #6 Reply With Quote