Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
This is a question regarding a specific dataset, but I think the answer has to do with general properties when editing.

^_^ I've managed to overreach myself. A fellow in the Warmachine section was complaining about the difficulty of editing the files and I said I thought it should be easy enough based on my Hero Lab experiences and volunteered to try. He asked to remove Reach from Quicksilver of Commander Coleman Stryker. Now I can find Quicksilver in the Items in the Cygnar data file, but I can't figure out how "Magical Weapon, Reach" is being added for the life of me. The .Dat file makes it look like it was appended to the description of "POW:8 - P+S:15\n{i}Magical Weapon{/i}, {i}Reach{/i}\n", but said description lacks the Magical Weapon and Reach bits inside the editor. Anyone happen to know how such values get appended?

FWIW, I've found the Reach option and Magical Weapon option in Abilities.dat, but this object does not seem to link to those.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Options can be directly linked from the unit, or they can be on a "linkset" which is like a pre-packaged set of links that can be re-used by many units. Does the unit have any linksets that add the options?

Alternatively, linksets can be tagged as "global" - this means that all links in them are added to all units. This should be used sparingly, but it's possible the option is on a global linkset and being added that way.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hm... I found linksets in the Cygnar.dat file, none in Abilities.dat, but none referencing Reach or Magic Weapon. My initial thought was that this addition to the description might involve a macro, but I can't find any code that would do an expansion like this. I also quickly combed through the definition and augmentation files, but no joy there either.

*sigh* I may have to admit defeat on this, which is a real shame because it's one of those "Bought the product for X support and since it's not there, I plan on a refund" posts. I guess it is one of the risks of volunteer support. I've seen similar threads in Warhammer 8th and in Vampire the Requiem within the last few days.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hah! Found it at the last moment. The Description text in the Mk 1 Overrides had more text than was immediately displayed in the table. I double clicked on that, changed it, and saved it and it made the change. Just can't believe it took me so long to find that one field... in retrospect, it was staring me in the face in the XML.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote