Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Hykim

Old December 31st, 2020, 06:22 AM
HLO seems to do a great job of letting you know when you have exceeded the capacity of a spellbook. However, one thing I find that I'm missing from Hero Lab Classic is the ability at a glance to tell the capacity of a spellbook. Is there any way I can easily see the capacity (i.e., 90/100 pages used) of a given spellbook? If it's there I'm missing it.

Thanks!
Hykim is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mindxing

Old January 1st, 2021, 06:48 PM
Do you know that if you click on the edit button for a spellbook it will tell you the number of used pages at the top? This isn't really seeing the information "at a glance" and you probably already knew about this but I thought I would mention it anyway on the off chance that it's helpful.
mindxing is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old January 2nd, 2021, 03:30 AM
Actually this would be fine. I'm just blind though. I click on the View/Edit and I can see in the description where it states that there are 100 pages in the book, but I don't see where it is saying the number of used pages.

I have attached the top of the spellbook edit window I'm seeing. Am I missing something obvious, or am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spellbook.JPG (60.9 KB, 6 views)
Hykim is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mindxing

Old January 2nd, 2021, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. When you said "Hero Lab Classic" I thought you meant the desktop app. I've attached the image of what I see (on the desktop app).
Attached Images
File Type: png spellbook_count.PNG (105.2 KB, 6 views)
mindxing is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old January 3rd, 2021, 05:36 AM
OK, to clarify. I can see the spellbook capacity in HLC. I love that option/capability.

In HLO, under either PF1 or PF2 I'm trying to figure out if I can get the same information. HLO is warning me when I have too many spells in a spellbook, but I'm not seeing any way to tell "how full" a given spellbook is.

So am I missing something in HLO?
Hykim is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2021, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykim View Post
OK, to clarify. I can see the spellbook capacity in HLC. I love that option/capability.

In HLO, under either PF1 or PF2 I'm trying to figure out if I can get the same information. HLO is warning me when I have too many spells in a spellbook, but I'm not seeing any way to tell "how full" a given spellbook is.

So am I missing something in HLO?
I don't see it either and this sounds like something that would be important for wizards and other classes that use spellbooks to know. (I miss arcanists.) I'm going to add this to our list of things to look into.
Hollis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote