Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

Kangor

Old June 27th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Has support for auto download service been stopped? I noticed a cut off on pricing around Mirroden Block and only one option was pricing cards in inventorey.Is it manual entry now?

I have had a couple customers ask about this feature, but I just can get any new prices so I am hesitant to recommend this program to them.
Kangor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
The automatic download of card pricing has indeed stopped. The various companies and sites that we sourced the pricing data from went through lots of upheaval and drastic changes. This created massive amounts of overhead for us, both in terms of trying to work with them and having to adapt to changes in how their data was accessed, which in the end proved unsustainable. We spent an incredible number of hours trying to get one of the major pricing sources on board, but there was always some problem on their end that prevented anything from ever getting off the ground. In the end, it was a great idea that we were never able to bring to fruition. :-(

Card Vault continues to be used by lots of gamers for performance tuning of their decks, as well as inventory management. With the "batch edit" mechanism, manual entry of data is fast and easy. Heck, there are even a bunch of retailers that use CV for managing their singles inventory, complete with their own pricing data. So CV is still a very viable tool for CCG players. However, the pricing downloads are no longer supported.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kangor

Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:29 AM
I will also be using it for my store inventory.

Oh well, thanks for the great idea and the reply.
Kangor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote