Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Fallenjack

Old August 8th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Hi,

When I try and import my portfolio via google drive using the "Import Portfolio" button, I can see my *.por files in my google drive folder but everything is grayed out. Am I missing something? I can see the files there but nothing is selectable.

Help
Fallenjack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fallenjack

Old August 10th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I can't possibly be the only one with this issue? On a side note, I found people complaining about this problem on an app called Procreate. Someone on their forums reported a work around but alas it did not fix my issues. Also, the import function works in iCloud so this must be an issue with google drive unless its just a bug on my end.
Fallenjack is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaenerb

Old August 11th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I'm actually having the exact same problem, and was hoping this thread would have a solution.

I think it's an issue with drive, because when I open Google Drive on my ipad the same grayed out symbols appear and it says "file not supported"
Aaenerb is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
khaoz

Old August 11th, 2017, 06:44 PM
I'm not completely sure of what I did, it happened to me once. I believe it's caused by trying a file with the same name as one on the iPad.

I don't remember if I ignored it, or tried deleting one file and try to re import it.
khaoz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 11th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Is it possible the file type is not associated with Herolab? Maybe uninstalling and re-installing Herolab will fix this.

(Not an apple person, so no idea if this is a reasonable thing..)
Toblakai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fallenjack

Old August 12th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Is it possible the file type is not associated with Herolab? Maybe uninstalling and re-installing Herolab will fix this.

(Not an apple person, so no idea if this is a reasonable thing..)
Yeah, this was a no go, I tried several times but I think the issue is how google drive see's the *.por file. This seems to be the common answer from developers.

Here is a quote from a developer in the procreate forums, that software being the closest app I could find that had the same exact issue.

Quote:
Hi guys - this is an issue with the Google Drive extension and the way it's interpreting our file types. We've been looking into this, but there's no easy avenue for us to contact Google about this issue.

If you're experiencing this issue, the best way forward at this point is for you to contact Google Drive Support. While there's no way for us to speak to developers, there are multiple avenues for user support. If you can contact the support staff and explain that the Google Drive share extension is no longer correctly handling Procreate file types, this may lead to Google implementing a fix.
One way they supposedly got around this issue is to open the file in google drive and then export it to the app. I tried doing this with "exporting", in my case "Open In" and then "Import with Herolab", nothing happens.
Fallenjack is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Olmac

Old August 16th, 2017, 02:41 AM
I had the same issue, switched to iCloud. Works like a charm.
Olmac is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old August 23rd, 2017, 09:53 PM
I have the same issue. It's not difficult to implement the Drive API. I've done it in Android. I don't see why they can't get it working in HeroLab.
kwiqsilver is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old August 24th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Because they would have to take one of their few programmers from another task to do that. They have other priorities right now.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
monrad

Old September 10th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Same problem here
monrad is offline   #10 Reply With Quote