Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DickNervous

Old October 12th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Hello all! I am a new user (just bought RealmWorks earlier this week) and plan on using it for the two Traveller campaigns I run. I have been toying around with how to enter the data I need and have come up with a few questions that I hope y'all can help with.

Planetary Data
In Traveller each planet has a UWP (Universal World Profile) that is made up of a series of hexidecimal digits to represent the type of starport, size, atmosphere, hydrosphere, population, government, law level, and tech level. It looks like this D666522-A. Each digit has a description about what it means. For instance a "D class starport is one that has only unrefined fuel and limited repair capabilities.

What I would like to do is be able to create a topic that I can enter each digit of the UWP in a text field and have Realmworks automatically populate another field with the expanded description. Is that possible?

Character Sheets
Is there an easy way to create a custom character sheet to use in RW? Or would it be best if I just imported a PDF or text document that I created in Word?

Display Formatting
Is there any way to customize the UI and the way data is displayed? In other words can it be displayed in something other than a simple list? This could be useful for when you may use a large monitor, multiple monitors, or 21x9 ultra-widescreen to see more data on the screen at once.

Editing Categories/Topics
I was trying to delete snippets from the Manage Categories section for a category that I had already populated some topics with. It wouldn't let me. Do I need to do all the editing of the category PRIOR to using it to create topics?

Thanks in advance for you help! I'm sure I will come up with more questions as I dive in.

-Rich
DickNervous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote