Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Vanye111

Old June 28th, 2018, 04:07 PM
So, is there a particular reason why your tool doesn't allow us to create a category in the same category as the parent? I mean, I see that in the release notes for 1.20 that you state it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's just something you haven't implemented yet, or if it's a RW limitation. The same with letting us choose Settlements (a subset of Locations).

Love the tool, just trying to figure out if I'm just missing something to use it better. Just experimenting before I try to start going whole hog.

Thanks!

Last edited by Vanye111; June 28th, 2018 at 05:04 PM.
Vanye111 is offline   #281 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 28th, 2018, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanye111 View Post
So, is there a particular reason why your tool doesn't allow us to create a category in the same category as the parent? I mean, I see that in the release notes for 1.20 that you state it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's just something you haven't implemented yet, or if it's a RW limitation. The same with letting us choose Settlements (a subset of Locations).
It is a restriction of my tool.

It is to do with the way that the mappings are currently stored inside the tool.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #282 Reply With Quote
Vanye111

Old June 29th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It is a restriction of my tool.

It is to do with the way that the mappings are currently stored inside the tool.
Bummer. Is this something you think might be possible to change in the future? If not, I can see work arounds that aren't that much of a pain, but for convenience it would be awesome.
Vanye111 is offline   #283 Reply With Quote
Vanye111

Old July 1st, 2018, 01:35 PM
Running into an issue where the import is creating a bunch of empty entries named "no-name"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qube307g9r...names.PNG?dl=0

I've included a picture link so you can see the results, and a copy of the realm structure and the base CSV file.

I created a copy of the Settlement topic for my structure. I've been creating a parent, and putting the Region Name in that field, then the rest of them into the (more or less) appropriate sections of the category.

Ty for any assistance. I can manually delete those entries (though there's a 50-50 shot of doing so crashing Realm Works) but if I can find out why it's doing it, maybe we can prevent it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test Realm (Structure Only).zip (29.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Settlements of The North-Dessarin Valley.zip (10.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Vanye111; July 1st, 2018 at 01:43 PM.
Vanye111 is offline   #284 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 1st, 2018, 03:44 PM
"no-name" is the place-holder put into the topic's title if the cell in the CSV file is blank.

In your CSV file the second line has an entry in only the first column "Region Name" called "Dessarin Valley".
All subsequent lines have a blank first column, and then the rest of the line is filled in.

If you want all entries to be in Dessarin Valley, then you need to include that text in the first column of every row, and probably delete row 2 of your CSV.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; July 1st, 2018 at 03:48 PM.
Farling is offline   #285 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 1st, 2018, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanye111 View Post
Bummer. Is this something you think might be possible to change in the future? If not, I can see work arounds that aren't that much of a pain, but for convenience it would be awesome.
Parents

It looks like a few hours of restructuring how the data is stored means that it will now be possible to use the same Category for multiple levels of parents; and even the same category as the main data (if you are really inclined to arrange your data that way).

I have to do some more testing to ensure that it is stable before releasing it, and I've run out of time this evening.

Multiple Topic types (categories) in the same file

It also opens up the way to having a single CSV file able to create topics in different categories, most likely based on choosing a column in the CSV file to determine which category should be used for the topics of those rows.

This won't be available immediately, but could be done in the future.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 1st, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
Farling is offline   #286 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 3rd, 2018, 01:17 AM
V1.29 has just been released

This release removes the restriction that all parents must be different categories.

This should help remove the inconveience expressed by Vanye111.

Note that there was a large amount of restructuring which happened in the code, so please test and let me know if there are any issues with CSV files which used to work.

Farling

Farling is offline   #287 Reply With Quote
Vanye111

Old July 3rd, 2018, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
V1.29 has just been released

This release removes the restriction that all parents must be different categories.

This should help remove the inconveience expressed by Vanye111.

Note that there was a large amount of restructuring which happened in the code, so please test and let me know if there are any issues with CSV files which used to work.
Dude, you are amazing.
Vanye111 is offline   #288 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:04 AM
V1.30 has just been released

This release allows you to configure several different categories in order to import more than just one type of data in a single RWexport file.

There is a new "key" icon next to the topic title which can be used to choose which rows of the CSV table will be used with that particular category definition.

The parentage of each category can also be defined separately.

Farling

Farling is offline   #289 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 12th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Hello there!

Unfortunately my last post got lost (so much text was written)

So now I'll keep it shorter:
- German regional settings cause the tool not to recognize the delimiter between the fields. US setting is "," german setting is ";".

Workarounds:
- Switch regional settings temporarilty to english
- Use an editor to change the delimiter

It would be a quality of life setting if the user would be able to choose delimiter and maybe the escape character (quotation marks)

Example file containing 3 columns:
column1,column1,column1;column 2;"Column 3;"
value1,value1;value 2;"v;alue3"

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #290 Reply With Quote