Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
criik
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3

Old February 19th, 2018, 01:45 PM
I noticed that the Shadowcraft Mage from Races of Stone doesn't appear to be in the Package. Any idea if someone is working on that or if it appears somewhere else? I could probably build it myself (I have adequate knowledge with building in HL), but I wouldn't know how to share that built class. Also, I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone else has done this already.
criik is offline   #821 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,572

Old February 20th, 2018, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtastic View Post
could we get the variant Rogue classes from Dungeonscape added to the next release as well? or there must be a way I can add it myself? hmm I will look around for documentation
Quote:
Originally Posted by criik View Post
I noticed that the Shadowcraft Mage from Races of Stone doesn't appear to be in the Package. Any idea if someone is working on that or if it appears somewhere else? I could probably build it myself (I have adequate knowledge with building in HL), but I wouldn't know how to share that built class. Also, I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone else has done this already.
I'll add these to my to-do list, but if either of you are able to do them before I am, then feel free to post them here or email them to me (sendric [at] gmail [dot] com)
Sendric is offline   #822 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 121

Old February 26th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Trying to find things from 3.5 monster manuals (Mindflayer/Beholder specifically) but not having any luck. These in this package? I'm guessing i'm missing a checkbox somewhere or don't have the right package installed.

Edit: Thought I was in a Pathfinder thread... whoops! Ignore me.

Last edited by nightpanda2810; February 26th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #823 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 368

Old February 27th, 2018, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Trying to find things from 3.5 monster manuals (Mindflayer/Beholder specifically) but not having any luck. These in this package? I'm guessing i'm missing a checkbox somewhere or don't have the right package installed.

Edit: Thought I was in a Pathfinder thread... whoops! Ignore me.
You won't find those creatures in Pathfinder either - they are excluded from PF because WotC has designated them "Product Identity" and they are excluded from the OGL. (Includes: beholder, displacer beast, githyanki, mind flayer, and umber hulk.)

Current RPG's: D&D 3.5 (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; February 27th, 2018 at 02:03 AM.
Dami is offline   #824 Reply With Quote
Impulse1129
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1

Old March 3rd, 2018, 02:20 PM
I added the stormwrack book to my character but am unable to see any of the prestige classes (specifically the leviathan hunter). I got no errors when installing, and all the books seem to be there, the prestige classes just aren't there.
Impulse1129 is offline   #825 Reply With Quote
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 196

Old March 4th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse1129 View Post
I added the stormwrack book to my character but am unable to see any of the prestige classes (specifically the leviathan hunter). I got no errors when installing, and all the books seem to be there, the prestige classes just aren't there.
Unfortunately, not all he data has been input into the files yet. There is a massive amount of content in 3rd edition. Some things from Stormwrack may have been programmed but the rest probably hasn't been done yet
Illyahr is offline   #826 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,572

Old March 5th, 2018, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Unfortunately, not all he data has been input into the files yet. There is a massive amount of content in 3rd edition. Some things from Stormwrack may have been programmed but the rest probably hasn't been done yet
Exactly. Currently, the only PrC entered from Stormwrack is Scarlet Corsair. I'm currently working on getting more 3.5 PrC's entered, but it's a process. Others have also provided their own work to help speed things up.
Sendric is offline   #827 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 121

Old March 5th, 2018, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
You won't find those creatures in Pathfinder either - they are excluded from PF because WotC has designated them "Product Identity" and they are excluded from the OGL. (Includes: beholder, displacer beast, githyanki, mind flayer, and umber hulk.)
Correct. I was looking for a conversion.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #828 Reply With Quote
lortondm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 120

Old April 7th, 2018, 07:28 AM
I believe I successfully added this source to Hero Lab:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

I downloaded it from updates and then installed it. But when I go to Character, Configure Hero and I don't see any new d20 or 3.5 options.

What am I missing? Help! Thanks!
lortondm is offline   #829 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,572

Old April 7th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
I believe I successfully added this source to Hero Lab:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

I downloaded it from updates and then installed it. But when I go to Character, Configure Hero and I don't see any new d20 or 3.5 options.

What am I missing? Help! Thanks!
Are you using more than one installation of d20? The download assumes you want to install the community set into the d20 folder. If you are using a different folder, that could be why you aren't seeing the options.

Another possibility is there is some kind of error occurring before you get to the character configuration window. If there is an error, that will prevent any user data from being used.

A third possibility is that you don't have a license for d20. I think in that case it doesn't load user data, but I'm not sure about that.

Can't really think of anything else right now. If none of these fit, then can you think of any more information you can provide to help us solve the problem?
Sendric is offline   #830 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.