Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Fuzzy

Old September 29th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Internet going down elsewhere between your ISP and the server is pretty darn rare. Now I will grant you that LWD has had their share of server outages, and this needs to get better.

Shared space ships aren't the only thing. I am looking forward to the tactical console importing characters from the other players and having real time updates for conditions/etc. In addition a shared loot system has also been talked about.

I will say I do have very poor cell reception in Costco's, but I rarely play RPG's there
I think the main point being, that Hero Lab Classic on a laptop has no connectivity issues, because connectivity is not required.
Fuzzy is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old September 29th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think the main point being, that Hero Lab Classic on a laptop has no connectivity issues, because connectivity is not required.
Until you had a windows or hardware update and need to reactivate your license.

It hasn't happened to me, but one of my players was locked out of HLC for a weekend because he needed support help to reset his license. This will go away with HLO.

HLC classic is nice and I use it every weekend, but the interface is very dated, and there are difference interfaces on different platforms. HLO will be nice because it's the same on all platforms.
Toblakai is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
guildmaster

Old March 14th, 2019, 08:54 PM
I am not interested in HLO I hope HL will get support for PF2.
guildmaster is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old March 15th, 2019, 12:37 PM
I’m with guildmaster on this. Give me HLC and I’ll be happy. If HLO becomes the only option from LWD then I will have to go elsewhere. Don’t want to do that though. Interface can be upgraded. Well written code need only be recompiled and will work on any platform. An online option is not an option at all for me.
Tekwych is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old March 16th, 2019, 08:29 AM
And, HLO does have a print function. I print to PDF, have a nice dry erase board that is for Starfinder, and use that if I don't have internet. And doing it a day before gaming means I'll have the character handy. And for a con weekend, I'll make sure I have pre-printed.

And on the laptop. Nothing like turning on a laptop and discovering it's in a middle of an update.
Geodragon is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2019, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodragon View Post
And, HLO does have a print function. I print to PDF, have a nice dry erase board that is for Starfinder, and use that if I don't have internet. And doing it a day before gaming means I'll have the character handy. And for a con weekend, I'll make sure I have pre-printed.
But you don't get the live updates when you apply conditions to a character when it is on printed paper.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #36 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old March 17th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
But you don't get the live updates when you apply conditions to a character when it is on printed paper.
Paper condom and dry erase marker.
Geodragon is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old April 17th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Is Codemonkey still working on their product?
thaX is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old April 19th, 2019, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Is Codemonkey still working on their product?
Doubtful. I haven't seen anything consistent from the one person still at the company. Rob Reed aka. Mynex.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #39 Reply With Quote