Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old September 30th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Some ships never launch.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 30th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Now now, it is still September is the USA and even earlier in the day on the West Coast than it is here in flyover country.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old September 30th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
The issue with weekly updating is if we have something we are working on and that goes sideways and we've spoken about it, people will be upset if we can't accomplish it. If we give a date and we miss it people will be upset that we missed it. If we say soon fully 100% believing that it will be soon and soon doesn't come, people will be upset. So the updates don't work any better than keeping silent. All we can really relay at this point is we are working as hard as we can to accomplish everything everyone wants. Releasing a string of paragraphs about some broken code that needs fixed or written before security will work properly or some such isn't all that helpful and just takes away dev time as someone from the dev team has to come and explain it and then likely sink hours into follow up questions about it, all of which delays the release even more.

When we have big news, or even small but important news, you'll absolutely be seeing it! But giving tech updates before the work is finished is just guess work and that doesn't serve anyone well. At this point I can't even envision Gen Con coming and going before we see the content market but I can't guarantee that something won't go sideways on some security issue or a major bug won't crop up. All any of us can do at this point is wait and use the amazing tool that we have already, as it is, to make something fantastic of our own.
I have read through most of this thread, and it took some time. I also see that one of the developers chimed in and made a comment. But it all seems like the same that has been done before, you give one simple update and suddenly everyone is happy and goes silent. At least for a while.
I quoted you BJ because you made one very important statement above. "The issue with weekly updating is if we have something we are working on and that goes sideways and we've spoken about it, people will be upset if we can't accomplish it." Yet on your website there is a comment about the Content market being released soon. But that was back in 2016. Apparently every update on the Content Market since then has been "soon". You didn't give a date but it is beyond a year and I think the term "soon" is misleading in that case. I suggest you remove that from your website and just indicate that it is still being worked on.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
lfseeney

Old October 1st, 2017, 04:44 PM
Hero Lab Online seems to have eaten it.
lfseeney is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
guildmaster

Old October 10th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfseeney View Post
Hero Lab Online seems to have eaten it.
Which is really a bummer. I am not interested in HLO, I am not a big fan of Cloud Services. I want all my programs local so that if I don't have internet access I can still use the programs I paid for. Having to pay for a subscription monthly.... great business model for a company but not a great model for my pocket book. Sorry a single point of failure (internet access just being one of them, server up and running being another), I thought went away with the mainframe.

At least the newsletter shed some light on the fact that they are having problems interacting with paizo's website. I hope they spend some time on this soon so I can finally get what I paid for with the Kickstarter. This is the longest overrun Kickstarter that I have supported.

Lone Wolf develops very good quality products. I look forward to the day that they get the content market working. I then look forward to the improvements that I have been waiting for like the custom calendars.
guildmaster is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old October 10th, 2017, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guildmaster View Post
At least the newsletter shed some light on the fact that they are having problems interacting with paizo's website. I hope they spend some time on this soon so I can finally get what I paid for with the Kickstarter. This is the longest overrun Kickstarter that I have supported.
I have three that are still outstanding. This is the second oldest. Oldest is the Order of the Stick reprint, followed by this one and then one other.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 10th, 2017, 03:20 PM
a reprint? what can possibily go wrong with that

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old October 10th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
a reprint? what can possibily go wrong with that
That would be the oldest one I supported also. If something bad can happen to someone, it will happen to Rich.
Toblakai is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old October 11th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guildmaster View Post
This is the longest overrun Kickstarter that I have supported.
4 years, 7 months, 21 days since the Kickstarter closed.
MaxSupernova is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old October 11th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
4 years, 7 months, 21 days since the Kickstarter closed.
Order of the stick has you beat by a year (almost exactly)
Toblakai is offline   #110 Reply With Quote