Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Moff Rimmer

Old August 31st, 2016, 10:41 PM
I'm not finding "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" as weapons anymore. Did something happen to those with your update.

(Thank you, by the way for doing all this. These files are great.)
Moff Rimmer is offline   #781 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 1st, 2016, 09:01 AM
Aren't those part of the Community Pack?
Azhrei is offline   #782 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 1st, 2016, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Aren't those part of the Community Pack?
Which could be why the question was asked in this thread? :-)
Farling is offline   #783 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 1st, 2016, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moff Rimmer View Post
I'm not finding "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" as weapons anymore. Did something happen to those with your update.

(Thank you, by the way for doing all this. These files are great.)
Something changed in the last Pathfinder update for weapons. Touch Attack/Ranged Touch Attack are not working the same anymore. In addition they don't appear to be chosen either.

As soon as I can I will hopefully get to look and find a solution but they have not been removed. My players use them all the time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #784 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 1st, 2016, 11:27 PM
So do I. I'll be waiting on the installing the update, since nothing in the ChangeLog interests me anyway...

Thanks, SC.
Azhrei is offline   #785 Reply With Quote
Moff Rimmer

Old September 2nd, 2016, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Something changed in the last Pathfinder update for weapons. Touch Attack/Ranged Touch Attack are not working the same anymore. In addition they don't appear to be chosen either.

As soon as I can I will hopefully get to look and find a solution but they have not been removed. My players use them all the time.
Thank you for this. I really appreciate all that you've done with these community packs. (I wish my programming was a little more advanced to help...)

If you can (or if you think about it), I believe that whatever was "changed" kind of messed with Ancient One's sheet as well (which I prefer). Not sure if that's something that you might be able to correct/fix too.

Thanks again.
Moff Rimmer is offline   #786 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2016, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

We looked into this and it looks like the Helper.Static tags on the touch attack / ranged touch attack are what's stopping them from appearing in the list? In our data files, we've only ever used those tags on things that should never be added to the hero, like wRay and wTouch. Our intent has always been that anything with those tags would never be added by users, but we may have only implemented that recently.

If you want the touch attacks to be selectable like any normal weapon, I think the right thing to do would just be to remove those tags from them? Were you trying to do anything specific with those tags, or did you pick them up just by copying wRay / wTouch to create your touch attacks?

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #787 Reply With Quote
Moff Rimmer

Old September 2nd, 2016, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
We looked into this and it looks like the Helper.Static tags on the touch attack / ranged touch attack are what's stopping them from appearing in the list? ...

If you want the touch attacks to be selectable like any normal weapon, I think the right thing to do would just be to remove those tags from them?
If that's all there is to it, I can probably fix it on my system until ShadowChemosh updates the official files. But if someone can point me to which file specifically this is found in it would save me a lot of time sifting through a lot of files...
Moff Rimmer is offline   #788 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 2nd, 2016, 03:08 PM
Looks like COM_BasicPack_UniversialThings - Equipment.user is the file, I took out the Helper.Static tags on my copy and the Weapons show up again in the add list.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #789 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:27 AM
A friend of mine wants to use the Community Pack, but he is missing some packages. Which data packages does the Community Pack depend on? I couldn't find any info and the hint that they are mentioned in the installation notes is no longer valid.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #790 Reply With Quote