Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dtyrant

Old August 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
1) glad that sorted it all out for you!.

2) I have reported this to Lone wolf and they have told me its a bug with hero lab on windows not encoding the file properly and will be fixed by them in the next update, so you should see that fixed soon

3) I can in fact to this (as I read the information regarding powered by hero lab products), and guess what its now avaliable! take a look here!

you need to have that key installed along side your existing install and it will remove all adds from the character sheet viewer.

(n.b. if I am incorrect in saying I can sell this please contact me and i will correct it asap)
Almost $3 for something that essentially opens a zip file and shows the html statblocks? I'll stick to emailing the PDF's to my device!
dtyrant is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 8th, 2014, 02:51 PM
dtyrant, feel free, this is not going to be everything to everyone.

However remember that you can still use the free version without paying a cent and it will do exactly the same job. (you just have the one small ad at the bottom of the screen, and if your really that against it you can get an ad blocker)

That money is to help pay for the costs I have for making and publishing the app, and for the continuing costs to develop the app so you can have the dynamic character sheets that we all really want!

(Ill be the first to admit doing this as a hobby the costs are low, but just think how much you have paid for your hero lab licences )
Philderbeast is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 8th, 2014, 03:11 PM
To each his own, I guess. If I have the choice between a free ad-supported app, and a paid ad-free app, I'll usually pay. I guess that's not everyone, though. *shrug* But, then, that's why many apps offer the choice.
EightBitz is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 8th, 2014, 10:09 PM
the option for local storage has now been added to the App

to use this portfolios must be stored in a specific folder on the devices SD card (Hero_lab_Portfolios)
Philderbeast is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
dtyrant

Old August 8th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
dtyrant, feel free, this is not going to be everything to everyone.

However remember that you can still use the free version without paying a cent and it will do exactly the same job. (you just have the one small ad at the bottom of the screen, and if your really that against it you can get an ad blocker)

That money is to help pay for the costs I have for making and publishing the app, and for the continuing costs to develop the app so you can have the dynamic character sheets that we all really want!

(Ill be the first to admit doing this as a hobby the costs are low, but just think how much you have paid for your hero lab licences )
Sorry for my rant, you've already got further than I could ever get and you are still adding stuff to it, I've got the free version and seeing as you are adding bits on I may think about the paid version when it's a bit more dynamic. I think I'm just so use to the dynamic-ness of HL that it's made me impatient lol.
dtyrant is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 8th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Fair enough dtyrant. its just an option for those who are interested.

however in a happier turn of events

New Version! 1.0.8 includes Dropbox support.

this is not as refined as Google drive (mainly as I don't use dropbox) but it should give you a working option for those that prefer it to Google Drive (please allow some time for Google play to update)

and with that done, time to start on the Dynamic Character sheet for pathfinder!
Philderbeast is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 9th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Note the paid version has been removed from the market temporarily pending some discussions with Lone wolf to ensure there are no legal issues with this (i.e all the proper disclaimers have been added). This should be resolved shortly after Gen Con

If you have already paid for this it will continue to work for you however if you remove it you will not be able to re-install it

edit: just to clarify, this was about ensuing that everything would work for both me as the author of the app and Lone Wolf, to make sure this app could still exist in the way it was intended.

Last edited by Philderbeast; August 9th, 2014 at 08:41 PM.
Philderbeast is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2014, 07:06 PM
To clarify, we wanted to make sure that all of the "I"s were dotted and "T"s were crossed with Philderbeast.

Now that I've confirmed what is necessary for a paid app, I've reached out to Philderbeast. I believe he's already completed the necessary steps, so it should be put back on the market as soon as he gets a chance.

Last edited by liz; August 9th, 2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Clarified text
liz is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 9th, 2014, 07:48 PM
and its Back, Thanks to Liz and the rest of the lone wolf team for working with me to make sure everything is above board.
Philderbeast is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old August 12th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I finally had the chance to test it out and it has potential. Good work.

I tested with several game systems, getting the files from dropbox.
I believe I saw a post saying you had to edit the app for each game individually, so I understand it might take a while before you act on this.

Tablet Specs
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Omnirom custom upgrade to Android 4.4.4

Shadowrun 5
- My character and her vehicle load successfully.
- Skills are listed but their values are not.
- Augmentations don't have their descriptions though they do list components. I assume this is something you would need to work on later manually.
- Overall it looks fairly good, but you will probably need to spend some time on the parsing logic for it in the future.

Savage Worlds
- I saw comments from others saying that portfolios only partially loaded when they were large. The one portfolio I tried with more than 2 characters caused the app to completely crash.
- The individual character I loaded seemed to be fully usable. I wish I had your app when I was running my campaign. Nicely done.

DnD 4th
- Stats and everything are there but no power / feat descriptions. I expect you will need to manually look at it later as well.

Overall though I think the app is an excellent start.
Thanks for doing it!
ledeir is offline   #50 Reply With Quote