Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Hi folks!

I've been dark on the forums for the better part of a week now and I wanted to take a minute to give everybody an update of what's going on at this end. I'm going to keep this relatively brief, but I need to cover the critical bits...

1. We have another release in the offing that we've been hard at work on. It should be available early next week. Yes, it will have the ability to delete realms. There will also be lots of bug fixes and usability refinements. It seems that releasing the product to thousands of new users uncovered a bunch of stuff that hadn't been reported before.

2. We have been putting together a substantive Best Practices guide that includes all sorts of tips and tricks. The goal is to make it available next week as well, but I'm worried that might be too optimistic. So stay tuned and we'll get that document to you in the near future.

3. We've been folding an actual Pathfinder Adventure Path into Realm Works. We chose Rise of the Runelords as our test case. We'll be using this work as the basis for putting together concrete recommendations for everyone as they tackle putting assorted published content into Realm Works. We'll also be able to provide some screenshots with examples of how we've chosen to model various things. As part of our effort, we're also giving thought to delivery of the material, so we'll also be able to provide some helpful guidance for those of you who are looking to share/publish your content.

4. I have not been answering questions on the forum this week because I found that it consumed a huge part of every day, and that meant that I wasn't getting work done that needed to be done. My plan is to block out a healthy chunk of time once or twice a week, during which I'll answer all the questions I can. However, I have to find a balance between answering questions and actually completing all my development (and other) responsibilities. So it's going to be a juggle. I have to finish up some things before taking out the hours to answer everyone's questions that have been queuing up, so I probably won't be able to do that until late this weekend. Thank you in advance to everyone for your patience!

5. To those of you who have been answering questions for others on the forums, THANK YOU! It's wonderful to see that many of you are quickly getting the hang of things with Realm Works, and it's awesome to see you taking the time to help out each other. It's greatly appreciated!

6. Please spread the word about Realm Works! The single most powerful form of marketing is word-of-mouth recommendations. If you like what we've created, please let others know about the product, whether it be your gaming group, on forums you participate in, on your blog, or whatever makes sense for your situation. Thank you in advance for whatever exposure and assistance you can provide!

I think that covers it for now. Thanks again for everyone's support and patience!

-Rob
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
monsterfurby

Old April 11th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the update, really looking forward to the next release!
monsterfurby is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 11th, 2014, 06:14 AM
It is always good news to hear that an update is coming down the pipe. Thank you!!
Nikmal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 11th, 2014, 06:21 AM
That all sounds great. Thank you.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old April 11th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Thanks Rob, I look forward to seeing the best practices guide and the methods used with RotRL AP.
woobyluv is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 11th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Excellent news about the upcoming updates!

Thanks Rob (and LWD)!
ryntak4536 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old April 11th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Cheers Rob thanks for the update and make sure to thank the whole team for us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
3. We've been folding an actual Pathfinder Adventure Path into Realm Works. We chose Rise of the Runelords as our test case. We'll be using this work as the basis for putting together concrete recommendations for everyone as they tackle putting assorted published content into Realm Works. We'll also be able to provide some screenshots with examples of how we've chosen to model various things. As part of our effort, we're also giving thought to delivery of the material, so we'll also be able to provide some helpful guidance for those of you who are looking to share/publish your content.
Does this mean that RotRL will become available as purchasable content? Do you have a timeframe for this or expected price details?

I expect you are probably not ready to comment on the last 2 questions, but I just want to get an idea of whether I should bother copy-pasting the next 5 chapters in to RW, or wait for the purchasable (and time saving for me) content to become available.
Jaynay27 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 11th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynay27 View Post
Does this mean that RotRL will become available as purchasable content? Do you have a timeframe for this or expected price details?
Yes, is this RotR going to be the "official" thing, or is this just a test run that won't be shared outside of screenshots?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 12th, 2014, 04:33 AM
And if it's a test run, wouldn't it be better to test with one of the Kickstarter stretch goal items? That way you could have a head start on those . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 12th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
And if it's a test run, wouldn't it be better to test with one of the Kickstarter stretch goal items? That way you could have a head start on those . . .
But this way LWD will have a direct proof of concept to show Paizo. Plus, given how often people have mentioned this campaign/AP/whatever, it would probably be a popular item as an initial offering in the store.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #10 Reply With Quote