Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 25th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Given how the interfaces are built, I suspect this one is a no-starter, but skills in Mutants and Masterminds are often done in 4's for the sake of simplifying the math. Currently, pressing left or right increments or decrements by 1. Is there any chance that we could have something set up where holding Control or Shift works in increments of 4? I suppose that, technically speaking, this could be applied to other fields to make rapid incrementing by keyboard faster.

^_^ I tend to do a lot of my work by keyboard, so I like ways to be able to change things without having to pull my hands off the home keys to use the mouse.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Shift-clicking increases by 5, and Ctrl-clicking increases by 10; I thought that should also work with the keyboard, but it doesn't. I'll investigate this.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Ah, I remembered why we don't do this. As well as left and right, you can also press +/- to increase or decrease the value of an incrementer, but those keys are on the main keyboard as well as the num-pad.

If we allowed interactions with the shift/ctrl keys, that's going to cause problems; on the main keyboard, you always have to push shift to access the + key, and pushing shift means you hit "_" instead of "-". Users on laptops may not even have the option of using a numpad, just the keys on the main keyboard.

I'll put this on the to-do list, but I don't like the inconsistency of having shift/ctrl work with the left/right keys, but not with the +/- keys. :/
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I posted a poll here http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10382 to see what other users thought. If you have an opinion, go ahead and vote!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote