Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old July 4th, 2014, 07:54 AM
This is the Stoneheart Mountain Dungeon from Frog God Game's Stoneheart Valley trilogy. It shows 9 levels of dungeon and their interconnections.

I'm sharing to give folks an idea of how RW handles a complex dungeon and to show the three viewing options.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38...it?usp=sharing
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old July 4th, 2014, 09:35 AM
That's incredibly impressive. Nicely done.
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old July 4th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Impressive.

How long did you need to enter it?
And as I haven't used the storyboard yet, what is the bottom view?
Farnaby is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 4th, 2014, 01:44 PM
For the storyboard, it was about 10-30 minutes per level spread over several nights as I kept getting distracted with other work that needed to get done.

The individual room topics aren't actually complete yet and many are empty stubs waiting for content. If you look closely, you can see that the rooms on the bottom three levels are actually oval boxes rather than square as the topics for those rooms haven't been created yet. I have plenty of time to flesh out the levels as FGG produces old school adventures -- if the party doesn't take it slow and thoughtful, they'll be re-rolling quickly.

The bottom view is called "loop friendly" which I like to refer to as Flying Spaghetti Monster mode. For a dungeon, it highlight paths that have no connectivity. I imagine that is how PC's would probably view the dungeon layout after a few hours.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote