Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Koro76

Old February 27th, 2020, 10:15 PM
I just transferred control of a PC to a member, and they're having some problems when they view the inherited PC:

- HTTP Error in Fetch when HLO tries to retrieve the PC portrait
- Tried to split a stack of poison (black smear poison), and now it doesn't appear on the play screen, but still appears in the gear list
- AbbreviationSpace appeared in the PC's movement entry on the play page, but this issue resolved itself after re-assigning control to the campaign member

The member in question has an Apprentice account, if that helps.
Koro76 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 28th, 2020, 02:18 PM
Report this as a bug within HLO, or send an email to support. The devs may not see forum posts, and they don't get added to their bug tracker.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2020, 02:44 PM
The issue with the image is definitely on our radar. It's a somewhat complex issue that we overlooked, so it's probably not gonna get fixed for a little bit. But we're definitely aware.

The other two issues are new ones to me. So please submit those as bug reports to ensure they get properly logged into our system and addressed.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old February 29th, 2020, 06:43 AM
I submit quite a few bugs, but for new features, it might easier for others to filter their requests by reading that their issue is already on the radar. I work on a software team, and prioritizing and combining frequently reported tickets in our tool is something I hear coworkers complaining about often.
Koro76 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 29th, 2020, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koro76 View Post
I submit quite a few bugs, but for new features, it might easier for others to filter their requests by reading that their issue is already on the radar. I work on a software team, and prioritizing and combining frequently reported tickets in our tool is something I hear coworkers complaining about often.
LWD have said in the past that everybody who sees a bug should report it, so that they can gauge how widespread it is. I would hope that internally they merge/link duplicate bug reports.

Bug reporting in forums won't get their attention.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old March 1st, 2020, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
LWD have said in the past that everybody who sees a bug should report it, so that they can gauge how widespread it is. I would hope that internally they merge/link duplicate bug reports.

Bug reporting in forums won't get their attention.
I think that perhaps I've been misunderstood. I report many bugs in the tool. I had reported THESE bugs before I posted this thread.

I was more speaking to their bandwidth. LWD has said before that their team isn't as big as it used to be, which means their bandwidth is smaller, and time spent sorting duplicate tickets isn't time spent on development.

Also, are you saying that the response from Rob means that I didn't get anyone's attention?

Last edited by Koro76; March 1st, 2020 at 03:02 AM.
Koro76 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 1st, 2020, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koro76 View Post
Also, are you saying that the response from Rob means that I didn't get anyone's attention?
Usually they don't :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2020, 07:21 AM
The issue is that all too often, users are reporting bugs when we're at our busiest. There are some times when we have the chance to look over the forums and turn the issues we find into cards, like this, but there's too many times when we don't, and we're worried about issues getting lost at those times. So it's best to get into the habit of reporting them through our bug tracker, because then they're seen first by CS, who can start collecting the necessary details even if the rest of the team is concentrating on finishing a project and even if we're busy, it's filed away for later.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote