Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

athelu

Old March 13th, 2020, 05:33 AM
Hello,
Creating a magic item that gives a user a swim speed. The ability i want to assign (I believe) is:
rcPFTAb019

However, if i bootstrap this to the item it is in effect, regardless if the item is equipped. How do i force these to be equipped before enabling the ability?

I do have an eval script in place, because i am also giving a swim bonus, and this is working as expected.
athelu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2020, 07:48 AM
If your eval script is working, why do you need the bootstrap?

Also, here's an existing thread with the same question: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...highlight=swim
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 13th, 2020, 07:54 AM
My eval script is pretty simple:

doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
#competencebonus[hero.child[skSwim], 8]

I am unsure of how to assign a movement type outside of bootstrapping the ability.
My thought was to put a conditional statement on the bootstrap (unless this is not how i should do this)
athelu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 13th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Ah- got it figured it out:

doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
hero.child[xSwim].field[abValue].value += 30

Giving the swim value also provided the skill buff.

My issue is not knowing the tag/container for these things - like how would i have determined that xSwim was swim movement speed? I try to document these things when i find them.
athelu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Use your knowledge of the rules - think of something else in the game that does the same thing as what you're trying to apply, and then use the New (Copy) button to find it in the editor - look at its settings and its scripts - how does it make the same change? It also doesn't need to be in the same category - you can think of a racial ability or a class ability that grants a swim speed to a character who didn't already have it, and look at how that works, then apply that to your magic item.

Also, search this forum - there's around 10 years of questions and answers buried here.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 13th, 2020, 09:27 AM
Yes - once i find a detail like this i try to find similar properties. I really wish there was just a way to open the data files though to be able to see the information. As it is now i create a new character and try to use the debugging tools to figure things out, but often run into the brick wall of it being something not exposed in the editor.
athelu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 13th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athelu View Post
Yes - once i find a detail like this i try to find similar properties. I really wish there was just a way to open the data files though to be able to see the information. As it is now i create a new character and try to use the debugging tools to figure things out, but often run into the brick wall of it being something not exposed in the editor.
If you find a similar item in the rulebooks, you can copy that item in the HL editor, and then look at how that item works. You could then extract what you need for your own item.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote