Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Bluefool

Old May 21st, 2006, 05:55 AM
OK, I suspect this would be pretty nasty to implement, or it would be in there already, but you never know until you ask...

I want a user definable rule scope.

Something along the lines of a tag that an entity would have, so if an entity had the tag rule.one, I could on the scope of a rule set it to check entities and the children of entities that had that tag.

Possible?
Bluefool is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2006, 12:44 PM
Are you nuts?!?! I think this one definitely falls in the "nasty to implement" category. :-)

In situations like this, the problem is usually that the author is focused on solving things in a particular way - one which just won't work. However, there are often other approaches that can achieve the desired results.

So please outline to me the game mechanic(s) that you need to solve. I'll then see if I can think of a different way to accomplish that objective.

-Rob

At 06:55 AM 5/21/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
OK, I suspect this would be pretty nasty to implement, or it would be in there already, but you never know until you ask...

I want a user definable rule scope.

Something along the lines of a tag that an entity would have, so if an entity had the tag rule.one, I could on the scope of a rule set it to check entities and the children of entities that had that tag.

Possible?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bluefool

Old May 21st, 2006, 03:23 PM
*laugh*

No, I got it figured out. I'm passing hidden stats up to a parent unit (I only need to do this for a couple of items) and running the rules on them.

But while I was figuring it out, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice to have.....

I also want a Pony.
Bluefool is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 21st, 2006, 10:45 PM
... and the moon on a stick lol
harkan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote