Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Matt Droz

Old June 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
I also changed a lot of the regional feats to traits (and de-powered some of them) to go along with the idea of the Pathfinder system. The only thing I haven't worked out as much yet is some of the abilities for the new domains.

Where should I send/upload my data set? (also, I noticed when loading yours that we had some duplicate names--I'll see about modding them to compare the two.)
Matt Droz is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I PMed you my email address.
RavenX is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old June 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Sent the file on. Let me know if you have any problems getting it or any questions.
Matt Droz is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM
So, I'm starting to work on the Techsmith and I hit a massive brick wall with the Gondsman companion/construct. For those that aren't in the know/don't remember, the construct has the same hit die as their master techsmith. Every time the techsmith goes up a level (I'm changing to every odd level), they can add +1 to Str, Dex, BAB, Fort, Ref, Will, or Natural Armor. Other than that, they don't change at all, but I'm not sure how to alter the companion's information from the techsmith's abilities.
Matt Droz is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Nevermind, I decided to add them as a secondary ability -> bootstrapped minion. Updating the Gondsman abilities will be a manual process.
Matt Droz is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I did not have internet for a few days, that problem has been repaired now and we are back to business. I have some work stuff to fine tune I haven't had a chance to check your stuff yet Matt, once I get a free minute I will. I am working on getting the work things crunched out and then will get back to looking over the data, hopefully this weekend if not before.
RavenX is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old June 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hey Raven!

I'm going over the Guild Wizard of Waterdeep prestige class in the Magic of Faerūn book, and was wondering if it should continue using the Spellpool rules presented in the book, or we it would be better to modify it to stay truer to the Pathfinder rules.
Matt Droz is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I have yet to begin implementing that book, I will get back to this question as soon as I get free time. Right now I am finishing up a project for Lone Wolf Development that is taking my time.

My default answer would normally be go with pathfinder, but I need to look over the class itself before making a conclusion, and I have no time for that today.
RavenX is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 18th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Droz View Post
Hey Raven!

I'm going over the Guild Wizard of Waterdeep prestige class in the Magic of Faerūn book, and was wondering if it should continue using the Spellpool rules presented in the book, or we it would be better to modify it to stay truer to the Pathfinder rules.
Matt

I looked over what you said, After taking a moment to review the spellpool rules, I would like to know what 'modifications' you have in mind before deciding what we should do. Let me hear your ideas and we can proceed from there.

Raven
RavenX is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old June 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Well, Spellpool magic is pure fluff, where the guild members can "donate" spells to a pool, allowing the individual caster the ability to pull the spell from the pool as long as they have a free spell slot (there's a 65% - 5% per spell level chance the spell will be there).

I'm looking at changing it from a Prestige Class to a Wizard Archetype:

- They would gain Improved Spell Acquisition (gain five spells instead of two to their spellbook every level) in place of the Arcane Bond ability.
- They lose 3 of the four bonus feats they normally acquire. In place of that, they gain: Improved Counterspell feat at 10th level, Focused Dispel (+2 to caster level checks for dispelling) at 15th level, and Break Enchantment as a 1/day spell-like ability at 20th level.

The two bonus languages they get as they go up in level is moot if they have the Linguistics skill, so I'm considering just dropping that ability.

I'm still not sold on the Spellpool ability, since it adds in new ways of getting magic. As far as programming it into the Data Set, it's straight up Description text, so it's not difficult to put in.
Matt Droz is offline   #100 Reply With Quote