Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ted11

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:58 PM
So I'm new to HL and thought I'd use the Other tab to create all sort of PC membership/campaign background stuff for the PCs so they'd have it at their fingertips -- membership of a certain guild, adventuring company, mercenary company, noble rank, even ownership of property, loans, etc. I know this isn't called Other in the Editor, but Minion/Hireling, but was thinking beyond that, that there would be a quick reference list of orgs/titles the PC could see, then could mouseover the ? button and it would display all the description/background text I'd entered into the Editor, just like the other tabs.

But after entering several dozen of these I see the mouseover only displays the title--the description is not shown. I can always paste all this stuff in the Personal Tab, but I really liked the idea of having the info hidden but accessible in Other as a reference.

Any chance of changing the ? mouseover to get descriptions to display in a future version?
ted11 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Resurrection of this thread..
It would be nice to do what Ted proposes to this tab
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
2nd bump....
I too would like to see this used for something other than its basic application... is it possible to utilize it as a NPC contact list? Or as Ted11 suggests affiliations
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
This is an interesting suggestion, I'll take it under advisement. I guess the main thing is, without a focus for the "Other" things (as I'm understanding it, you want something general enough to be used to record whatever you like, like contacts or favors or whatever), the information displayed won't be more than name and description. Would that be sufficient for your purposes?
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 3rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Possible... maybe with an affiliation and or if the Person in the tab were a nemisus or ally... this would be useful to establish a contacts list for information, or a list of advisaries
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote