Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lord Magus

Old January 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi! I'm new to HL but really enthusiastic about its possibilities, and trying to understand the intricacies of the Editor...

Anyways... I am creating a simple house rule user file to get my feet wet, but have encountered a problem: I created an alt Toughness feat (that grants 3 hp at level 1 + 1 hp/lvl thereafter) and used Replace Unique ID to replace the original feat. When I load HL, the thing works perfectly if my house rule source file is selected, but if not, the original Toughness feat isn't available, as it has been replaced by a non-active source. Any way to work around this, and keep the original available if the house rule source is not selected?

Thanks!
Lord Magus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Here's a thread on this topic:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...=Replace+Thing
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks! I'll keep working on my search-fu
Lord Magus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 27th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I really have to contain my enthusiasm and go through all the Tutorials before getting down to work...

The *Preclude tab allows me to do just what I want, and very very simply!

EDIT: If I follow the logic, however, it leads me to think that any monster with one of the feats I modified would not have it anymore, as the thing I precluded is not available anymore, and the house-ruled replacement version is an entirely different thing with a different unique ID.

Back to the drawing board!

Last edited by Lord Magus; January 27th, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 27th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Here's what I did. I duplicated the game system and gave it my house ruled game's name. I replaced all the things in that system and kept the original d20 system intact. Whenever I want to create things for my house ruled system, I select that house ruled d20 system on start up, and when I just want to do regular d20 without the house rules, I can just select the regular d20 rules on startup. I'm finding more and more there is always a way to do something, it just might take a workaround to get to it, but it can be done.
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 29th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Here's what I did. I duplicated the game system and gave it my house ruled game's name. I replaced all the things in that system and kept the original d20 system intact. Whenever I want to create things for my house ruled system, I select that house ruled d20 system on start up, and when I just want to do regular d20 without the house rules, I can just select the regular d20 rules on startup.
I ended up doing that. Far less hassle, and allows me to work on something else. Thanks!
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote