Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Danvs

Old January 18th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Here we go again. While using the editor I enter ONE single object. It saved, but when I hit the "test Now" tab, EVERYTHING I had input in the CORTEX system (which worked perfectly) are now coming up as "thing errors" whenever I open d20.

any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks for any an d all help.
I really like Hero Lab, but these persistant "Thing errors" are really getting annoying.
Danvs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2010, 03:40 AM
The data files for each game system are completed separate from each other. All the Cortex files are stored in a separate folder from the d20 files. So the only way this error could be occurring is if you inadvertently saved or copied your Cortex data files over to the folder for the d20 system.

Using Windows Explorer (aka File Manager), navigate to the folder where you installed Hero Lab. This is "c:\herolab" by default. Now go the "data" folder beneath it, and then into the "d20" folder beneath that. This is where all the d20 system files are stored. Look for files with the ".user" file extension and those will be the ones that you created for Cortex and somehow copied into d20. The lone exception will be the new data file you created with the one new thing. Delete the wayward files and everything should work properly.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Danvs

Old January 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Founbd the problem, got 'er fixed, thanks to your help (and my wife who knows a lot more about computers than I do.

HERO LAB RULES!!!
Danvs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote