Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jjashley

Old April 3rd, 2018, 12:17 PM
I thought I had seen a post where somebody had created a round counter for different adjustments so that every time the new round button was clicked it would could down or up the number of rounds the adjustment was active. Has anyone seen that or have I just imagined it, which isn't out of the question.
jjashley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2018, 01:00 PM
It might be a community file thing, but in the tactical console I am seeing a duration field that tells you low long an effect lasts. Which I use in my games frequently.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 3rd, 2018, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
It might be a community file thing, but in the tactical console I am seeing a duration field that tells you low long an effect lasts. Which I use in my games frequently.
I keep thinking I had seen where someone wrote a script that would track the duration and decrement it, right now it only shows what effect is active but isn't showing a duration, or decrementing.
jjashley is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 3rd, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjashley View Post
I keep thinking I had seen where someone wrote a script that would track the duration and decrement it, right now it only shows what effect is active but isn't showing a duration, or decrementing.
I haven't heard of that existing, but it definitely something worth adding a feature request for. It would be nice to have in pathfinder and other game systems as well. I might to try to add this into my file once I get the adjustments tab up and working in V20... This is a good idea.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 3rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I haven't heard of that existing, but it definitely something worth adding a feature request for. It would be nice to have in pathfinder and other game systems as well. I might to try to add this into my file once I get the adjustments tab up and working in V20... This is a good idea.
I'd like to take credit but don't think I can. I wish my memory wasn't as crappy as it is.
jjashley is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 3rd, 2018, 02:57 PM
Edit: I agree it would be super useful in pathfinder. would make it much easier to track things like Prayer and Haste, though rarely do we get that far in combat, still a nice to have though.
jjashley is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Edit: I agree it would be super useful in pathfinder. would make it much easier to track things like Prayer and Haste, though rarely do we get that far in combat, still a nice to have though.
Well I have gone that far in RPGA games before in 3.5 sadly. There was one time when the dice would not roll above a 10 for anyone and we sat there for 3 hours in "organized" play just trying to kill a group of goblins. By the time we started to land blows there wasn't enough time to finish the rest of the four hour module. But we did all go out to the dealers area at GenCon that night to buy new dice sets. None of us were happy that night. We all came close to throwing d20 across the room that night just out of frustration. All our buff spells wore off before any blows landed a hit. It was a crazy night. I also had one non-rpga encounter from a module that went 12 hours. One of the players decided to loot mausoleums in the opening moments of the game session and one had a powerful vampire sorcerer sleeping in it. They struggled to find ways to locate the vampire because it had improved invisibility and haste. That game night was a total debacle. While it may not happen often it is highly possible to run out of buff time in combat if the dice just decide no one's hitting anything.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 3rd, 2018, 07:15 PM
I can only imagine what that's like. I'd have called a bathroom break and gone and bought the first set I saw.
jjashley is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 7th, 2018, 06:51 PM
Quote:
I can only imagine what that's like. I'd have called a bathroom break and gone and bought the first set I saw.
It was frustrating. Worst RPGA event I ever ran a module for. But things like that do happen. It's why I keep a card deck behind the DM screen and flip cards to determine hits and misses when the dice are not playing nicely. Usually if a player misses 3 attacks and I know they have a decent probability of hitting... they're getting card flips to ensure some hits and half damage attacks. I don't like when the dice start acting up. One of my players has a very notorious dice hand that likes to roll low no matter what we play. He loves Alternity because it works in his favor for that system but D&D is the bane of his existence. Its even worse when I play Warhammer with him. He usually rolls low on saves and his models get routed fast.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 7th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Yeah I never had any luck playing warhammer. Is good to have a backup for situations like that. Hopefully doesn't happen again.
jjashley is offline   #10 Reply With Quote