Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

CNYGamer

Old January 17th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Are there fan-distributed files that I can import into Hero Lab so I can use it for 4e?

I own the 4e Authoring Kit license on my Hero Lab. I'm not able to get data from DDI because it's no longer available. Is there something fan-distributed that I can get and import?

Thanks for any info.

CNYGamer
CNYGamer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CNYGamer

Old January 17th, 2016, 07:49 AM
After I posted this, I dug around on Cryptoknight's site. I downloaded the packaged download called "2015 09 30 release" and imported it into my HL. It seems to have added a great deal of 4e data.

Is this the entirety of what's currently available? I see there are many individual downloads for various modifications at that site. I'm wondering if the packaged download incorporates all of that stuff already.

Thanks in advance for any info.

CNYGamer
CNYGamer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 17th, 2016, 07:58 AM
We've just started a 4e campaign; As far as I know that's the latest release and has everything from the site. Do be warned that there are still a lot of bugs and unimplemented bits.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 17th, 2016, 09:11 AM
And even as the documentation for HL goes, the ones on this could be better. My guess is that this was a community project, perhaps with only limited oversight, so sometimes very similar things are done somewhat different ways.

My guess is that the HL 4e community was never huge (since a lot of people were either doing the DDI thing or the hacked/upgraded version of the older standalone Character Builder), and then with the start of 5e, the populace working on it dropped below critical mass.

I'm working on doing what work I can with it (with Charlie and the rest of the group's help), but there's quite a bit of stuff (especially with feats) that are just text entries with no embedded mechanics. They're kind of a general priority for me to work on.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote