Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Earlprocko

Old June 14th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Sorry to bust in here fully loaded with n00b questions but, is this really a happening thing? Is ad&ad 2nd edition about to be accessible to hero lab based on this work? That would be amazing! What edition version of hero lab would one have to purchase? And then how would you implement the work your doing to that? And does it add into realm works?

Also if this is true and I get the software I would definitely be willing to add a few spells as I have the time..

Thanks.
Earlprocko is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 16th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I've been pushing forward working on the mechanics for a while now. I nearly have the Player's Handbook mechanics worked out fully. Yes this is 2nd edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. I've been working on the project as I find time. I'm still working out some of the detailed things but the software is nearly ready for data entry. Once the PHB mechanics are done I'll tinker with the character sheet and then turn my attention toward the DMG. Magic Items and such won't be available until the DMG mechanics are added.

The files should work with newer versions of Hero Lab as it updates. I don't believe it will require any serious reworking to make it work well. I just have to get the mechanics in place.

My assumption is that if Realm Works can access Hero Lab it should be able to use the data for 2e games as well. I don't foresee any issue there, I just have to get the data for the core rulebooks done. Much of the data is already done. I'll be posting updates as I go through the process of getting the character sheet working and implemented.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; June 16th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.
RavenX is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 2nd, 2014, 01:16 AM
Slight progress on the 2e files to report: I managed to get functionality for the selector for campaign and skills done. I've also revised the to-do list. I still have to work on character sheets but things are coming together.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Solus3

Old July 8th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Raven X, Just a quick encouragement to you in your efforts. Great work. I look forward to seeing the finished work. I still run a 2nd Edition Campaign.
Solus3 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 8th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I still run 2e campaigns as well, and Alternity. In fact, I actually prefer Alternity to the d20 modern that was released under the 3.5 era. The 2e files are coming together nicely, it will take a while to get all the data in place but I have successfully been implementing the necessary mechanics.

RavenX is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old July 13th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Spellbook progress

Are you still working on this? I am thinking of going back to second ed when i run next. Not sure I like what they have done with the new edition it is definitely a mixed bag.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 13th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampagingHoardes View Post
Are you still working on this? I am thinking of going back to second ed when i run next. Not sure I like what they have done with the new edition it is definitely a mixed bag.
Yes, when I have time. I crank on it when I am not doing NaNoWriMo events or official work for Lone Wolf. Unfortunately, because it is a NaNo month with an active event, I don't have as much time to crank on this as I'd like. Much of what needs to be implemented is data entry at this point and the people I recruited to assist with that aspect aren't getting data to me quickly enough make a release feasible yet. I only have spells up to 2nd level in the data, and I haven't gotten much of the equipment in either. I managed to get the classes and class features done for the most part. I still have to deal with the character sheets and output text blocks. It's not hard to get the character sheet working, just time consuming. I still have a few things to add and test as well. I've been rigorously testing things as I go.

I do need to emphasize that some of the optional rules will NOT be implemented with the initial release though. I plan on adding in the secondary skills and using what you know optional rules, but only non-weapon proficiencies will be available initially. I'm going to focus on building the mechanics to support the optional rules for skills once the basic stuff is working and tested fully.

RavenX is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 2nd, 2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks to the efforts of Kevin Webb the 2nd and 3rd level Wizard spells have been added to the data. I've managed to get through all of the Priest spells as well. Just need to get the wizard magic done and the bulk of PHB data entry is done. All of the PHB Weapons, Armor, Helmets, Shields, and Ammunition are now in the data with the exception of a couple items that will require a bit more tinkering in the core files. All the adventuring gear is in place as well. Non Weapon Proficiencies are done. This is a happening thing for hero lab, the 2e files are coming along, its just taking time to get all the spells added from the PHB. If anyone wants to help with adding spells, please PM me with your email address so I can send out the files with the editor for addition of data. The sooner the spells are out of the way, the sooner these files will be usable.

Last edited by RavenX; August 4th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
RavenX is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old October 14th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Any new News on the Project?
Shadowy_one is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy_one View Post
Any new News on the Project?
4th level wizard spells haven't been finished yet. I'm still working on character sheet output. Statblocks haven't been touched yet. I've got a small list of known issues to hammer out as well. Monster Manual implementation is not ready yet.

I have most of the DMG implemented, but I have to go through and do a final sweep on magic items to get spell bootstraps in place and finish up implementation of magic item charge uses. I have a lot done, but still got a ways to go. Unfortunately I've had a lot of paid work on my plate this month and just do not have time to touch this right now. Next month is likely to be a busy month for me as well, so I'm not likely to have any updates until December if I do get around to it by then.

RavenX is offline   #70 Reply With Quote