Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 21st, 2017, 07:13 AM
One question though, is there any way to use this to add relationships?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:31 AM
A new release (v1.5) has just been published.

It allows you enter free text into a snippet, which will be the same in every single instance of the topic/article that the tool creates. You can also choose one of the fixed tags if the field takes tags.

You can't mix CSV data and free text in the snippet (yet) though.

There's also a fixed bug where in the right (or wrong!) conditions the structure part of the XML file would put text into a partition element.
Farling is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
One question though, is there any way to use this to add relationships?
I'm not sure how the relationships would be able to be created using this tool. It takes a CSV file and creates the same category of article/topic for each line in the CSV line.
Farling is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Absintheminded78

Old April 21st, 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
IF it is a registry key that makes a difference, maybe run a disk checker to see if the registery is getting corrupted?
OK, I've got no bloody idea what's going on

Attempted to import a module (We Be Goblins which I have successfully imported before), gets partway and springs the category not found error.
Ran a registry check to see if it might be a registry error - no issues
Ran a system file check - no issues
Ran check disk - no issues.
After restart from check disk I attempt to import a couple of different things (the featbook file from ErinRigh and my Feats - Story file I created with the tool) both imported without issue
Originally I thought the issue may have been arising from adding custom snippets into my feat copy article in my structure file but as you can see from the attached file they imported with no issue.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on it and if I discover the underlying issue will let you all know if anyone else is having a similar issue.
Attached Images
File Type: png Snip1.PNG (174.5 KB, 14 views)
Absintheminded78 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 22nd, 2017, 04:55 PM
The good news with release 240 of Realm Works is that you can now provide the structure-only export file from the SAME realm into which you want to import the CSV-data
Farling is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 23rd, 2017, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absintheminded78 View Post
How do I have more than one column appear in a field? e.g. with Feats you have Benefit but also Normal and Special. Is it possible to add more than one column to a field? Or is that part of the initial copying of the category? To add any missing fields before exporting the structure? (I think I know the answer to this already now after thinking about it )
I think I missed part of this original question.

You can add additional snippets to the category structure within Realm Works before you create the structure-only export. These additional snippets will be available within my tool for you to assign a CSV field to.

e.g. you could create a Labeled_Text snippet and put "Normal" as the label, and then use my tool to populate the message/annotation part of the snippet from a column of the CSV file.
Farling is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Absintheminded78

Old April 23rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I think I missed part of this original question.

You can add additional snippets to the category structure within Realm Works before you create the structure-only export. These additional snippets will be available within my tool for you to assign a CSV field to.

e.g. you could create a Labeled_Text snippet and put "Normal" as the label, and then use my tool to populate the message/annotation part of the snippet from a column of the CSV file.
Yeah, I managed to get that working Thanks
Absintheminded78 is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 27th, 2017, 12:02 AM
I've updated the TODO list on the first page of the thread to indicate that a few items should really be handled by updating the category definitions within Realm Works before performing the structure-only export.

Please feel free to argue against any of these items.
Farling is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 3rd, 2017, 11:52 PM
With the release of version 241 of Realm Works, it is no longer a requirement that you must make a copy of a predefined category in order to import into that category.

YAY TO LWD !!!

(However, note that the greyed-out placeholder text for each field will be more basic for a predefined category compared to a custom category, due to information missing from the structure file: specifically the purpose child elements, and soon-to-be description elements too).

Last edited by Farling; May 3rd, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Farling is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 5th, 2017, 02:14 PM
I've posted another version v1.6 which only contains a few minor tweaks, such as remembering the last used path in each of the file selection dialogs (each is remembered separately).

For those with Linux or Mac, the source code is available on github and should be compilable using QtCreator on your respective platforms.
Farling is offline   #70 Reply With Quote