Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Traltwin

Old February 20th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I've been going through and seeing a lot of differences in Hero Lab to what's in my PDF of Ultimate Psionics. I'd like to go in and fix the files/data to match what's in the PDF. Is there some way I could help the Hero Lab team in fixing the information as I find it so we have everything correct in the Ultimate Psionics pack?
Traltwin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traltwin View Post
I've been going through and seeing a lot of differences in Hero Lab to what's in my PDF of Ultimate Psionics. I'd like to go in and fix the files/data to match what's in the PDF. Is there some way I could help the Hero Lab team in fixing the information as I find it so we have everything correct in the Ultimate Psionics pack?
Two different ways to do this. One is way more "techy" based then the other but is best way.

First way is to give us a list of "Things" that is out of sync and needs to be updated. We will do what we can as we can.

The second way is to actually come on board as an "Editor". Means a bit of learning and setup as we use a Real Source Code repository that allows for multiple people to make changes to files at the same time. The tools we use are SourceTree and GitHub which are both "free" but do require setup and have a bit of a learning curve.

But I would be happy to have someone on board willing to update the text they find that is out of sync. Its a time consuming job actually.

If interested check out THIS thread in the User Projects forum. That first forum post has a link to a quick PDF I put together on setting up GitHub with SourceTree. You will also need to register on GitHub for a free account.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Traltwin

Old February 20th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Hmmm I'll look into it!

I'm guessing it's a "do it in your free time" thing, or could someone actually get paid to help out? Just asking . I'd have more time in the day to do it if it's the later, but either way I can attempt to help... and I'll definitely make a list... it would just take time because I'm running into these inconsistencies while I'm making characters.
Traltwin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 20th, 2015, 12:32 PM
guess one thing to make sure is the pdf you are looking at is the current version out there too

and it is definitely a free time thing. no payment.
psych777 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Traltwin

Old February 20th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Well I had a rule dispute earlier about the PP cost of Shared Power. On the SRD it was 4 as well on Hero Lab, but in my PDF that I bought from Paizo it was 2 PP increase. So they double checked and SRD only has Expanded Psionics which is probably where Hero Lab was pulling their information from.

I might just make a list of anything that I choose to do in HL and if there's a discrepancy I'll make a note of it and post them whenever I find them.
Traltwin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traltwin View Post
I might just make a list of anything that I choose to do in HL and if there's a discrepancy I'll make a note of it and post them whenever I find them.
Any discrepancy you can just post/email/PM me the Thing name (feat, power, whatever). Than what I do make sure I have the latest PDF and simply "copy/paste" the whole text again into HL. That makes it the simplest way to make sure we have the latest text that matches the pdf.

LOL I am really laughing at the comment about getting paid! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This is open source "free" for "gaming" groups to use.

I will not "pay" anyone with real money. If people want to help out great. If not that is fine too.

*chuckle* get paid.... OMG its killing me!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:26 PM
One of the running jokes when I was in the army was, when you'd draw a particularly crappy duty (like fire-guard), that you were getting paid in the "Respect and admiration of your friends and enemies". Feel free to use that next time you're voluntold to do something!
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:44 PM
was just lookin on paizo to see if i could tell what version they have of the pdf and can't see anything. the copy i have also has Shared Power with 2 pp's. i just updated the text of the feat in the files but you won't see the change until shadow's next release of the package.
psych777 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
voluntold
still one of my fav words from the service haha
psych777 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 20th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post