Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silveras

Old September 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
For some topics, especially when using the Nested Hierarchy view, the icon is a valuable visual cue to the subject. For some things, there would be less need to create a new sub-topic if the displayed icon could be varied. For example, there are types of Locations that would be useful to differentiate for easy reference: Battlefields, Adventure Sites, Terrain Features, and more. These don't always need to be new Categories, necessarily, and visually distinguishing them could be enough in some cases -- which different icons could do.

In a discussion about Smart Images, the idea of making the pins look like the icon seemed to go over well. This would mesh nicely with that, as the pins would be visually differentiated on maps.
Silveras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mccracken02

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
+1, I would really appreciate different icons for a topic based on tags.

I created custom sub-categories of geographical region to describe forests, mountains, and aquatic bodies simply so i could use a different icon. If the icon would vary based on tag or some simple selection I wouldn't need so many new categories.

Is there any way to add custom icons as well?
mccracken02 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM
+1 as well. I find the current icons somewhat limiting. Even as an addon that I have to pay for (to give incentive to do this) I'd love it. The best option of course would be to have a way to open source the icons so that they can be imported by the users on demand.
Gord is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gamemasterbob

Old December 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, we need a way to add icons! This also has to be user friendly and a native feature of RW not a HACK or programming needed. +1
gamemasterbob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old December 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
But the icon too would need visibility control. As the DM, you might want your location pen to show a headstone symbol since you know a crypt is there, but the players, in the map that they received believe that the location is a floating garden (okay, you get the idea)
Bidmaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 30th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
But the icon too would need visibility control. As the DM, you might want your location pen to show a headstone symbol since you know a crypt is there, but the players, in the map that they received believe that the location is a floating garden (okay, you get the idea)
More recently, I have come to think visibility control is not needed at the Icon level. For example, if there are multiple "roles" for a Location (such as, as a landmark and as a place where an adventure takes place), I will create separate Topics for each role. The mundane one (Landmark) may be readily revealed to players while preserving the "secrecy" of the other(s).
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 30th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Funny I did a search and found nothing, guess my Search Fu is weak.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old October 30th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccracken02 View Post
+1, I would really appreciate different icons for a topic based on tags.

I created custom sub-categories of geographical region to describe forests, mountains, and aquatic bodies simply so i could use a different icon.
Me, too.

+1 for more icons to chose from.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 30th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Funny I did a search and found nothing, guess my Search Fu is weak.
It is 3 years old. I only knew because I created it. It has] come up more often in the context of requests for the map pins to show the type of Topic visually, where I keep mentioning this .
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 30th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Custom icons would be nice, but pretty low on my priority list. If they did add this functionality, however, it would be nice if you could sell icon packs in the Content Market. I could see their being rule- or setting-specific icon packs, for example.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote