Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old October 12th, 2016, 04:24 PM
On my convertible I swap between touch and touchpad all the time while in laptop mode. For example, I occasionally answer dialog boxes by touch without thinking about it, even when my hands are on the keyboard. I scroll around quite a bit with touch as well.

If I was GMing I could see touch being faster and easier than going back to the touchpad or mouse for navigating and revealing Topics/Articles/Snippets. It may not be so in the current Realm Works, and a lot may depend on screen size and scaling settings, but I could definitely see it.

When I'm actively editing I'd want a mouse and keyboard, though.

Last edited by Parody; October 12th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 12th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Thinking more on this, if I could use touch for clearing fog of war and to pinch to resize maps and pictures, that would be very convenient. Tapping to reveal snippets could be helpful. The more I think of it, for just running a game and not entering information, touch could be more useful than keyboard and mouse. But you would either want a large tablet screen or a touch-friendly redesign of the interface.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 12th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I can see the advantages of some touch support but I am worried if it extends to a touch friendly GUI as these tend to be big, cumbersome and with only few and "most used" features often meaning that you will have to do a little clicketyclick-fandango every time you want to do anything more involved than clicking "Next".

Disclaimer:
The above might be slightly exaggerated (but only slightly) in order to get the point through.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 12th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Vargr - I agree, which is why there would have to be two modes...probably. Then again, if you have a big enough touch screen, maybe the current interface is fine.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #14 Reply With Quote