Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

salsatheone

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
They said "by next week" in the newsletter. As for Fate Core, it would be great, but the book hasn't even been released yet. I still prefer SotC.
salsatheone is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
If the main difference is that it uses different skills (and calls them something else) then you could probably get it working just be replacing the existing skills. As for "handling things a bit more by the hip", I'm not sure what that means. No aspects? No Stunts?
There are still Stunts and Aspects, but the replacement for the skill system is the same for everything (only the ratings change). There doesn't appear to be Extras either and NPC Generation is REALLY simple. It's not leaps and bounds, but it is slightly different nonetheless.

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsatheone View Post
They said "by next week" in the newsletter. As for Fate Core, it would be great, but the book hasn't even been released yet. I still prefer SotC.
Oh, I realize that Fate Core hasn't been released yet, but can't blame a guy for hoping, right?

Sketchpad is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old May 6th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Fate Accelerated Edition (to help answer the earlier question) doesn't just rename the skills as Approaches. It also replaces the multiple stress tracks with one single stress track.

Spirit of the Century is nice to have, but Fate Core and Fate Accelerated Edition are what I, as a publisher, need. Spirit of the Century is a working game system, but the newer editions are more streamlined and more friendly to adding new content for them.

Having Spirit of the Century makes sense for a first release, but I earnestly hope that both Fate Core and Fate Accelerated get their own releases as well. I don't think Spirit of the Century is actually usable for me. On the other hand, if some clever user has figured out how to hack Spirit of the Century to use with Fate Core (changing the names of skills and descriptions and so forth) I could really use it for several campaigns I'm developing right now.

James Dawsey

Vigilance Press at DriveThruRPG.com

The Vigilance Press Podcast

My Art on Deviant Art

Last edited by Shadowchaser; May 6th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2013, 12:21 PM
In case anyone didn't notice, Spirit of the Century is now out! You can download it through the updates mechanism today.

We're considering how best to handle things like Fate Core (which I assume refers to the new Fate 3?) and Fate Accelerated, and we'll keep everyone up to date via our monthly newsletter.
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old May 6th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
In case anyone didn't notice, Spirit of the Century is now out! You can download it through the updates mechanism today.

We're considering how best to handle things like Fate Core (which I assume refers to the new Fate 3?) and Fate Accelerated, and we'll keep everyone up to date via our monthly newsletter.
I look forward to seeing what LWD has planned for Fate Core and FAE, especially after the great job they've done with SotC.

Sketchpad is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Steev42

Old May 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post

Well, off hand, sliders for base refresh, number of stunts, and number of aspects would go a long way. Stress tracks would be a bit more difficult, but if they could at least be renamed it would make a halfway decent hack for core. I didn't look extremely close, but it seemed that those weren't available as options.
Steev42 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev42 View Post
Well, off hand, sliders for base refresh, number of stunts, and number of aspects would go a long way. Stress tracks would be a bit more difficult, but if they could at least be renamed it would make a halfway decent hack for core. I didn't look extremely close, but it seemed that those weren't available as options.
I think the biggest obstacle for a Core hack would be Extras.

Sketchpad is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 7th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev42 View Post
There should already be adjustments for the number of aspects and number of stunts, which you can add through the Personal tab. I can easily add one for base refresh rate if you like. A single stress track would be a little more work, but I guess I could include it as a setting on Configure Hero. Renaming stress tracks I hadn't even considered, but wouldn't be that hard.
Aaron is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 7th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
I think the biggest obstacle for a Core hack would be Extras.
I haven't started in on the next edition book, but when we put out the stuff for that we'll surely support any base mechanics.
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote