Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kinevon

Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
I find it irritating that, almost every time I open Hero Lab, it comes up with a false positive, in my eyes, for upgrades.

False positive? When it wants me, yet again, to download the data files for game systems I don't use, have no interest in, and don't want to waste my bandwidth downloading nor my hard drive space storing.

So, I know how to remove the data files, I know how to download them, but I haven't a clue as to how to stop getting notices from Hero Lab that there are updates to Alternity and Savage Worlds, neither benig a game system I play, own, or have much interest in.

So, is there a way to turn this irritation off, or am I stuck getting bopmbarded with update notices, hiding "real" updates, because I don't want to waste my time and space on game systems I am not interested in?

Note: I don't get these notices for CoC, M&M, WoD, or any other of the game systems I have removed. Why am I continually getting p[rompted for these two?

Pardon my rant.
kinevon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Hi kinevon,

Did you ever download those game systems, then delete them from within windows Explorer? If so, Hero Lab might incorrectly be thinking they're still around. Try the following: Download and install the Alternity game system, load it up once, then go to the Tools menu and delete it using Delete Game System. Does that stop the update from being flagged as new?

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old March 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi kinevon,

Did you ever download those game systems, then delete them from within windows Explorer? If so, Hero Lab might incorrectly be thinking they're still around. Try the following: Download and install the Alternity game system, load it up once, then go to the Tools menu and delete it using Delete Game System. Does that stop the update from being flagged as new?

Hope this helps!
That seems to have gotten it, it just didn't work that way for the multiple other game systems I don't need or use.

Thanks for your help!
kinevon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old March 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Meh. Just got the notice, again, for Alternity.

Any way to get HL to just handle the game systems I use or want, rather than the whole 30 million names of god thing it currently does?
kinevon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote