Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old February 24th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Unlikely. The Taint condition removes the tag "User.NoTaint" which is what most things looking for the Taint condition are actually looking for. The Taint adjustment from OA/UA doesn't appear to do the same thing. I haven't delved into the OA/UA stuff, but my guess is they are are completely separate.
OA/UA taint is just a numerical value. Anything that checks for this taint just checks the value of your adjustment, such as maho-tsukai requiring a taint score of 4.
Illyahr is offline   #711 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 27th, 2017, 05:51 AM
I'm working a personal archive to make the list of Rokugan's languages. Can someone says me how can I work with the requisites for learning a starting language? I did the main work, but none of them can be learned as starting right now...
Monteparnas is offline   #712 Reply With Quote
mfkologlu

Old February 27th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Hello there!

I am new here and I just downloaded HeroLab. I followed the instructions to install the dataset and it was succesful. When I try to create a character in d20 system it gives me an error saying that there were duplicates and will try recovery something. After that creation process begins but I don't see any of the additional content.

What could be the issue here?
mfkologlu is offline   #713 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 28th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
I'm working a personal archive to make the list of Rokugan's languages. Can someone says me how can I work with the requisites for learning a starting language? I did the main work, but none of them can be learned as starting right now...
After you have created the languages, you need to make them available to the race(s). This is done by adding langauges as "Automatic Languages" (what I presume you mean by starting language) and "Languages allowed" on the race itself in the editor.
"Automatic Languages" can also be added to a Class.
If you want to add this to already existing race, you may be able to do it with an Archetype or Mechanic.
Dami is offline   #714 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
If you want to add this to already existing race, you may be able to do it with an Archetype or Mechanic.
Or using the *Extend tab which would be easy way to do this.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #715 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 28th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkologlu View Post
Hello there!

I am new here and I just downloaded HeroLab. I followed the instructions to install the dataset and it was succesful. When I try to create a character in d20 system it gives me an error saying that there were duplicates and will try recovery something. After that creation process begins but I don't see any of the additional content.

Did you created or downloaded other user-created content for d20? If the HL finds conflicting tags, it stops applying both, as far as I understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Or using the *Extend tab which would be easy way to do this.
How do I use the Extend? I looked into it, and just found three spaces to add tags. What tags should go where?
Monteparnas is offline   #716 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
How do I use the Extend? I looked into it, and just found three spaces to add tags. What tags should go where?
Lets say I want to give a "allowed" language of Abyssal to the core Elf race. Well you can't normally change the tags of existing races but the Extend tag lets you do exactly this.

If I go to the editor "Race->Race" tab I can do "New (Copy)" to find the elf and I need to record its Thing ID (rElf). You don't actually need to select the Elf race we just wanted its Thing ID.

Now do a "new (blank)" on the "Race->Race" tab and look for the "Languages Allowed". Click the edit button and select Abyssal. Now you see in the TOP right corner the blue button "Tags" has 3 tags. Take a look at them and you see one is Group ID "Language" and Tag ID "lAbyssal". Write these down and go ahead and delete this new race. We just wanted to find the group/tag.

Go to editor tab "General->*Extend Thing" and press "New (Blank)". You can now enter "three" values.

Thing Unique ID - is the rElf race id you recorded above.
Group ID - is the "Language" value you recorded above.
Tag ID - is the "lAbyssal" value you recorded above.

Do a test now and after HL restarts you will see that "Elf" now has an allowed language of Abyssal.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 1st, 2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: confused between right/left. =(
ShadowChemosh is offline   #717 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 28th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Thank you a lot!
Monteparnas is offline   #718 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 1st, 2017, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkologlu View Post
Hello there!

You can right-click on the error window, copy it to clipboard and paste the error messages here. That will help us debug the issue.

As pointed out above, if HL encounters any errors when compiling, then none of the user data will be available.
Sendric is offline   #719 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old March 4th, 2017, 05:04 PM
So being new to Hero Lab, naturally I want to program in my Epic Level 41 character for D&D 3.5, which involves biting off more than I can chew.

I am taking the route of making my character as it was at level 20, and then hard coding in all the changes beyond level 20 (since Hero Lab can't directly handle epic levels for 3.5).

Heroic:
12 Monk
4 Custom Prestige Class with special abilities at 1,4
2 Rogue
2 Fighter

Epic:
1 Rogue
4 Kensai
6 Same Custom Prestige Class with special abilities at 7,10
10 Perfected One (dragon magazine)

Amazingly everything is working except for one thing...

Is there is a way to script some code to assign two additional special abilities from my custom prestige class and allow the user to choose them? (they would normally be obtained at levels 7,10 but those are past level 20).

I don't want to alter the prestige class itself, such as giving 3 special abilities at level 1.

I can't really code, so a direct example or referral I can manipulate is appreciated!

My special abilities are named
cFstSpec1 (@ lvl 1)
cFstSpec2 (@ lvl 4)
cFstSpec3 (@ lvl 7)
cFstSpec4 (@ lvl 10) and are currently working within level 1-20.

Last edited by Nokowi; March 4th, 2017 at 05:09 PM.
Nokowi is offline   #720 Reply With Quote