Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Grey Mage

Old December 12th, 2015, 10:45 PM
I know I have read somewhere about this in another post, so feel free to move it there.

Is there a simple way to set a 'default' preferred text (font/size) so that when using the 'Text Content -> Clear Text Formatting' option it would automatically use the desired default?
Grey Mage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 12th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Go to Manage.
Choose Preferences.
Select Styles in the left most column.

This should give you what you want.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 13th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Vargr

I have already done that.

None of the options there allows you to reset the basic system font/type size (Tahoma 9); it appears to be hardcoded.
Grey Mage is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 13th, 2015, 11:22 AM
That is weird.

I will test that.

Hmm, it works here - but bear in mind that it only changes the text in the snippets (what you have typed), not the heading of the topic, the tags or the section headings and various other places. Which, I might add, looks like an oversight.

Setting the style:
Settings.png

The result:
Working.png

I do NOT recommend those settings...

So to sum up:

The style settings seems to only alter some of the text (name, the text inside the snippets).
I would have expected it to change the text globally.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; December 13th, 2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Clarification [and later] resizing of graphics for reasons of sanity (mainly Parody's) and my street cred (aka. reputation).
Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 13th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Realm Works says that the style is only going to affect Text Snippets, Notes, and Journals right above the setting. You can see it in your first (way too wide!) image. :)

I thought initially that Realm Works might be at least partially keying off your system settings for some or all of the headings, but it doesn't seem to be doing that. Letting you (eventually) set the font and color for the headings seems like a reasonable feature request. Perhaps this would be a per-user feature rather than a realm setting, as the headers are different in the web client previews we've seen.

Last edited by Parody; December 13th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.
Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 13th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Realm Works says that the style is only going to affect Text Snippets, Notes, and Journals right above the setting. You can see it in your first (way too wide!) image.
[my colour coding]

I know - just now succeeded in adding an image to a post, so I guess I got carried away.

I will try to limit myself next time :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 13th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Sorry. I do tend to harp on it sometimes. :)

Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 13th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Vargr,

Are you cut and pasting some text with different fonts and colors, then using the 'Text Content -> Clear Text Formatting' option (wrench on the right top of the snippet) to clear all previous colors, styles, fonts, sizes, etc?

What I am asking for is something that will take that 'cleared' text to a defined default text.
Grey Mage is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 13th, 2015, 02:07 PM
OK, now that I understand what you're doing it looks like a bug. I'd expect the Clear Text Formatting command to reset text snippets to the formatting specified by the Normal style. You should probably submit it via the online bug reporter.

Last edited by Parody; December 13th, 2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: The royal 'we'. :)
Parody is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 13th, 2015, 08:32 PM
I agree with Parody, it must be a bug (or an undocumented feature).

I, too, would expect Clear Text Formatting to revert it to your default text style.

Even more strange is, that when you choose
1: Wrench to the right of snippet
2: Snippet Style
3: Normal

It just reverts to the Tahoma, size 9 regardless of what you have in styles, normal.

I guess that there are a few kinks to work out after the introduction of styles.

If you lodged a report, I am sure that it will gradually be corrected with each new release.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Last edited by Vargr; December 13th, 2015 at 08:44 PM.
Vargr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote