Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Angvard

Old April 5th, 2020, 06:11 AM
I've noticed an issue with the conjuration sphere. It seems that the main hero is inheriting the race choice from the companion, which as you might imagine is giving all sorts of errors. Thus far, I've noticed that selecting the conjuration sphere immediately grants the base hero trip immunity, which is then replaced by higher CMD for trips if I select the quadrupede option. Errors galore also appear with the sphere selected if I try and equip weapons and such (saying I have too many main/off hand weapons equipped). Any ideas for a fix?
Angvard is offline   #881 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 5th, 2020, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angvard View Post
I've noticed an issue with the conjuration sphere. It seems that the main hero is inheriting the race choice from the companion, which as you might imagine is giving all sorts of errors. Thus far, I've noticed that selecting the conjuration sphere immediately grants the base hero trip immunity, which is then replaced by higher CMD for trips if I select the quadrupede option. Errors galore also appear with the sphere selected if I try and equip weapons and such (saying I have too many main/off hand weapons equipped). Any ideas for a fix?
I see the trip immunity happening, but haven't been able to reproduce the issue with weapon hands. Could you post a .por where that's happening?
TheIronGolem is offline   #882 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 5th, 2020, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Bug for Tattooed Warrior, the Martial Tradition.

When I take the tradition, and get the two bonus feats.
Then I remove the two feats.
And unlearn the tradition.

I still have Zodiac Tattoos and Dragon's Tattoos on the Magic tab.

I only noticed because I was trying different traditions for an upcoming game.
And those abilities don't seem to be un-learnable once they're added.
Looking at this now, and I think I'm going to have to remove the auto-add behavior from the feats and make the user add the items manually.
TheIronGolem is offline   #883 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 5th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Make a level 10 unchained monk with the street fighter archetype. The monk has style strikes available (and shouldn't), and doesn't have bonus feats available (and should).
I received confirmation that this should actually replace both bonus feats and style strikes, so that is the fix that I will make (in addition to making the archetype an Expert practitioner). Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
TheIronGolem is offline   #884 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 5th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geh4th View Post
Hello. I'm new to these forums, so my apologies if someone has mentioned this already.

Spheres of Might, Scholar Class, Medical Training ability states this: "The scholar may use her Intelligence modifier in place of her Wisdom modifier as her associated ability score modifier with the Heal skill."

This is not being applied - Scholars still show the wisdom modifier for the heal skill.
It says the character "may" use their INT mod in place of their WIS mod.
If the WIS modifier it equal to (or greater than) the INT modifier, continuing to use Wisdom for the skill would be correct.

I've not tested this, but for this to be a bug, you'd want to ensure that it isn't using the INT modifier when the Intelligence score is higher than the Wisdom score.
Ualaa is offline   #885 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 5th, 2020, 06:04 PM
Quote:
It says the character "may" use their INT mod in place of their WIS mod.
If the WIS modifier it equal to (or greater than) the INT modifier, continuing to use Wisdom for the skill would be correct.

I've not tested this, but for this to be a bug, you'd want to ensure that it isn't using the INT modifier when the Intelligence score is higher than the Wisdom score.
I tested this and geh4th is correct. This will be fixed in the next update.
TheIronGolem is offline   #886 Reply With Quote
geh4th

Old April 6th, 2020, 02:39 AM
Another Spheres of Might issue I've noticed:

Blacksmith, Skilled Craftsman ability: "Starting at 2nd level, the blacksmith may use Profession (blacksmith) in place of all Craft and Spellcraft skill checks made to create, modify, repair, and enchant weapons, armor, and shields, and he gains a competence bonus equal to 1/2 his class level (minimum 1) on all Profession (blacksmith) checks."

The problem is, within Hero Lab there is no "Profession (blacksmith)" skill - it is "Craft (blacksmith)" instead - and if you manually create 'blacksmith' as a profession skill, the competence bonus is not applied (nor is it for Craft (blacksmith).)

Did the Spheres of Might designers mean for this to have been Craft (blacksmith)? Are the Craft and Profession versions of blacksmithing intended to be different?
geh4th is offline   #887 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 6th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Would the coding for Ultimate Spheres of Power be able to borrow a lot from the existing splat books and Spheres of Power... or would it be a lot of it's own coding, since a lot of material has changed or been updated?

I'll assume a mixture of both, but curious about it's progress.
Thanks.
Ualaa is offline   #888 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 8th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geh4th View Post
Another Spheres of Might issue I've noticed:

Blacksmith, Skilled Craftsman ability: "Starting at 2nd level, the blacksmith may use Profession (blacksmith) in place of all Craft and Spellcraft skill checks made to create, modify, repair, and enchant weapons, armor, and shields, and he gains a competence bonus equal to 1/2 his class level (minimum 1) on all Profession (blacksmith) checks."

The problem is, within Hero Lab there is no "Profession (blacksmith)" skill - it is "Craft (blacksmith)" instead - and if you manually create 'blacksmith' as a profession skill, the competence bonus is not applied (nor is it for Craft (blacksmith).)

Did the Spheres of Might designers mean for this to have been Craft (blacksmith)? Are the Craft and Profession versions of blacksmithing intended to be different?
I do believe the intent is to use the Craft (blacksmith) skill, and I am seeing a competence bonus applied to that skill (see attached image). If you are not, please PM me your .por file.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (20.9 KB, 4 views)
TheIronGolem is offline   #889 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 8th, 2020, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Would the coding for Ultimate Spheres of Power be able to borrow a lot from the existing splat books and Spheres of Power... or would it be a lot of it's own coding, since a lot of material has changed or been updated?

I'll assume a mixture of both, but curious about it's progress.
Thanks.
I have not started on USoP yet. I do expect to be able to reuse some things, but I am also going to take the opportunity to rewrite other things to be how I wish I had done them in the first place. USoP is going to take a while, no getting around that.
TheIronGolem is offline   #890 Reply With Quote