Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

millsbomb

Old October 4th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Hi,
New here. I have been using army builder for ages and love the program.
I have been looking at cancelling my DDI subscription and getting HL, but was disappointed there were no Rogue Trader files. I found an old dead tread about HL supporting RT. dose any one know if they were ever finished?
If so where can I get them?
If not how hard is it to create my own, with the Authoring Kit?

DnD 4e
Dystopian Wars
Rogue Trader

http://plansofdiceandmen.blogspot.com.au/
millsbomb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
GhostShip Blue

Old February 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I'd be interested in seeing some action on the 40K RPG front too. Does anyone know where we can fins RavenX and get some guidance?
GhostShip Blue is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShip Blue View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some action on the 40K RPG front too. Does anyone know where we can fins RavenX and get some guidance?
Finding me isn't that hard to do, getting me to find time to help is another story. I'm pretty busy right now as it is, I explained that in my Deathwatch thread. I am still working on the Deathwatch file though it is no where near ready. I may not be the best person to ask for guidance on this one. While the system for deathwatch is simple enough, I am having a hard time getting the output to display. The game mechanics are easier for me to deal with than user interface but once I get that knocked out my data may end up going somewhere.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2013, 09:17 AM
The really hard part about the Dark Heresy series of games will be their insane advancement system - an unlimited number of things can each assign different prices to the same advancements, and you also have to allow for GM's fiat, allowing the player to take things that aren't on the lists at whatever price the GM dictates (the Elite Advance rules), and you have to allow for fixed-price Elite Advancements of any missed abilities due to an alternate rank.

And, to do it right, you'll have to record those advancement prices on things, so that the user sees the price of the advancement BEFORE they choose it. That means rebuilding the whole thing with shadowed picks - nearly everything in the game system exists on every character, waiting to be given an advancement price, and the advancement mechanism doesn't actually add new things, it assigns tags that tell things to reveal themselves.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 12th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The really hard part about the Dark Heresy series of games will be their insane advancement system - an unlimited number of things can each assign different prices to the same advancements, and you also have to allow for GM's fiat, allowing the player to take things that aren't on the lists at whatever price the GM dictates (the Elite Advance rules), and you have to allow for fixed-price Elite Advancements of any missed abilities due to an alternate rank.

And, to do it right, you'll have to record those advancement prices on things, so that the user sees the price of the advancement BEFORE they choose it. That means rebuilding the whole thing with shadowed picks - nearly everything in the game system exists on every character, waiting to be given an advancement price, and the advancement mechanism doesn't actually add new things, it assigns tags that tell things to reveal themselves.
This is why I did Deathwatch instead of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. Even though I am no where near doing the advances yet, there are less XP tables to worry about in the system than Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. It will be trickier to do but I think I can get away with a series of fields for the type of XP Cost for each advance (one for General Marine advances, One for Chapter advances, and so forth). I'll figure out the details more once I'm at that point in the coding. I want to get the basics of the system working and displaying output properly before worrying about the advancement system. I think a system similar to the world of darkness file would cover the GM caveat Mathias, a user entered field for cost adjustment should easily fix that.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mathias,

To be honest, in regards to the XP costs of advances. I am thinking the user should get the lowest cost available. If you have a set of general advances where a talent costs 500, but your specialty (or class) offers it at 200 XP at the current Rank, the user should get the cheaper option as part of their specialty choice. Of course if say the 500 XP version is available at rank 1 and the player has to wait a couple ranks for the discounted version, its up to the player how much they need it at the current Rank. But thats what I got out of this system for XP.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44662

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote