Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Also did a bit of cleanup on the Chapter Tab and Specialty Tab using <needtag> on the tables... looks much nicer now that the tables are only showing things the user can select based on chapter or specialty choice.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #361 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 16th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Mathias,

Where are the tags for Character Type defined?
I am looking for the place where the tags for CharType.typHero and CharType.typNPC are defined. I can't seem to find them, but I need need to add a new type tag for Vehicles and would like to know which file I can find them in.

Nevermind, I found them in thing_miscellaneous after taking a rest. I realized that they had to be defined as things somewhere.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; June 17th, 2013 at 12:58 AM.
RavenX is offline   #362 Reply With Quote
GhostShip Blue

Old June 17th, 2013, 07:56 AM
RavenX - if adding the data from the Supplements requires keystroking, shout if you need a lacky.
GhostShip Blue is offline   #363 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
This is more than simple key stroking right now. Unfortunately, a good chunk of things require scripts as well. This is a bit more involved than just typing in descriptions. I appreciate the offer ghostship blue, but in order for me to get this working its just easier for me to type in the data. I may run into cases where new tags or fields are needed, and that's why I haven't requested assistance as of yet. The corerule book is done as I said, but I still am grinding down mechanical aspects. All that's left is the XP Advances, and those don't require key stroking so much as implementation of mechanics under hero labs hood. I'm mostly doing this as a learning exercise and to make sure I get all the mechanics in place before I start looking at supplements.

As things stand right now, Rites of Battle will require new mechanics to be added and I will have to implement it in phases. Creating the custom chapters will take time to build the tab for. Vehicles will be a bit more challenging as well. If I reach a point where help would be useful, it's likely to occur after I finish the core mechanics, not until then. I need to make sure everything is implemented properly before considering help on it. If you're eager to keystroke data I do have a Forgotten Realms project sitting on the side that I haven't been able to get to. If you're up for working on that, let me know. Basically I need someone to finish the Prestige Classes for me from Underdark. If you've got the time and resources to do that for me, I could get the next version of FR released in the near future.

RavenX is offline   #364 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I am far from finished with the character sheet output, but here is what I've got done for the Squad Mode sheet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Squad Mode sheet output.JPG (90.6 KB, 8 views)

RavenX is offline   #365 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mathias,

Is there a way to have a character sheet page spillover into the second column on a sheet? or to have hero lab check the height and if it won't fit the current <thing> into that column move it into the next column and continue from there?

RavenX is offline   #366 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 18th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Here's what I've got for the Solo Mode and Psychic Powers sheet supplements

I still have work to do on the main sheet but I wanted to get these out of the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Psychic Powers sheet work.JPG (68.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Solo Mode sheet work.JPG (63.7 KB, 7 views)

RavenX is offline   #367 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 20th, 2013, 12:41 AM
So here is where I am currently at with the character sheet, still have to get the armor and weapons in place on it, but after that's done the basic sheet will be finished.

The first page reports a validation error, just ignore that. I reduced the number of psychic powers on the sheet before taking a screen shot of the second page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Character Sheet Work.JPG (60.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Character Sheet 2 Work.JPG (32.4 KB, 7 views)

RavenX is offline   #368 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 20th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Mathias,

In regards to using the <needtag> element, when I am modifying Tags.1st is it possible to inherit tags from <thing> names? Like skill names? Or would I have to create the matching tags in tags.1st?

RavenX is offline   #369 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Normally, needtag works on a smaller set of tags than "every skill". Please tell me what you're trying to accomplish here.
Mathias is offline   #370 Reply With Quote